HMS Raleigh Help

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by tomswfc17, Nov 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey i am off to Hms Raleigh next week to start my training and im worried if i dont like it or sumthing will i get a oppertunity to leave ??

2. It is people like you that make me realise why this country no longer has an empire.

3. :withstupid:

NAILS ???

Didn't you listen to or read any of the information that you received at the AFCO. Ring them and ask the same question as I can't be bothered to give you a sensible answer. Unbelievable!! or just a wind up? It's difficult to tell these days

4. No, you'll be fcuked. I don't like it and I've been in 12 years. They still won't let me out.

5. Also, when they wake you up in the morning at 5, just start sulking and tell them to fcuk off and go home. Saves a lot of time and hassle.

6. Don't go in..they kept me for 33 years and I only escaped 'cos I'm good at swimming 8O

7. ...or a Gaumont, Odeon, etc. etc. :cry:

8. words fail me

9. Why, are you a retard?

10. Official answer (just in-case you are interested)

Once you sign on you have to stay for the first 28 days. Then you can give notice up to the 6 month point. After that you are likely to serve for 3 to 3.5 years before you can give 12 months notice. So you can get out in the first 6 months, then 4 to 4.5 years minimum.

Happy Xmas

Supermario

:)

11. Thanks for the help, finaly someone writes a sensible reply :).
    cheers.
    merry xmas

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Indeed.

The terms & conditions of service are also written on the S3049 Attestation Form given to all ratings several weeks before they join Raleigh. To cover all eventualities, the Master at Arms reads it to all new joiners before they are invited to sign-on at HMS Raleigh, usually on the Monday.

13. cock.

14. Thats to protect the general population rather than because they like you monty :)

Once again a newbie who cannot be arsed to read the litriture he has been given.

Ninja/supermario Am I correct in assuming they have to sign the S3049 and get to keep a copy themselves?

15. They sign a copy, but I don't remember them being given a copy

SM