HMS Raleigh ginger cat

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Dysan, Aug 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what isthe crack with the ginger cat at HMS Raleigh im i ment to salut it
  2. This has got to be a wind up FFS 8O
  3. God help youif you don't show due respect to the cat. Weekof nines at least!
  4. God! The English language has gone down the pan!!!
  5. Dysan

Have you read about this somewhere?
  6. no just heard from a few people about it, sure it is a joke
  7. Only salute this ferkin moggy if its got a Queens commision, :D
  8. Its not.
  9. salute the cat.
  10. cook the cat then serve it to your pt staff

11. If you want to be a real jack me hearty then you should shag the cat before you cook it, :D 8)
  12. Yep this is it, don't disrespect him :wink:

13. I couldn't agree more haha, but who wants sloppy seconds?
  14. Only salute the fcuker if its wearing its cap. Hope that clears thnigs up a bit.

15. If it moves, salute it! If it doesn't (when having a kip).... paint it pusser grey. :roll:
  16. Typical " Just when you want to shag the bloody thing " it gets a Hedache 8O
  17. you must always salute the captins cat :-D

its not a windup theres a ginger cat the runs around walker division (i know becuase we used to have to feed it)
  18. I've just spoken on the phone with the Skipper, HMS Raleigh. Apparently it's the Joss's cat. His name is: Nine Tails. You should only salute him when he is wearing his peaked lid. If you pass him in a corridor you should pin yourself to the wall to make way for him. When he is lidless you must stand stiffly to attention. If you have occassion to address him (if, for example, he curls up in your kit locker just before rounds, then you should address him properly:

Please would you vacate my locker, Staff?

If he won't budge you may need to coax him out by offering him your nutty ration or a freshly caught juicy fish.
  19. Aww the captins cat......that cat disliked me for some reason or another,it always use to run in the bushes when ever i use to talk to it.You always salute that fat cat! But once before i left he let me pet him and he walked behind me half way to the naaffy. mr snaglebutt thats what i use to call him!