Hms Raleigh entry date June 2019

Scorpio68

Midshipman
Hi.
My son has been given a date for HMS Raleigh for 9th June 2019. His Nan lives in Cyprus is wanting to come and watch his passing out parade. I know it’s a long way off, anything can happen between now and then. Yes there’s a chance he may not complete training etc so it’s just questions at this stage.
Are passing out parades on a set day for each group passing out ( e.g Monday etc) or does it vary.
It’s booking flights etc really for her as she’s now in her 70’s so has started flapping about booking flight already.
Appreciate Any advice
Thanks

pompeyexpat

War Hero
The Passing Out Parade is always on a Friday and Phase 1 training is 11 weeks, so the pass out day is Friday of the 11th week. However; if he's joining 09 Jun his training will be interrupted by summer leave. (02 Aug - 02 Sep) That means his planned pass out date will be 20 Sep.

Besides this site, you might be interested in a Facebook group that was started by the Mother of a recruit for families - HMS Raleigh Families (and Phase 2 and beyond).

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Unfortunately the staff need leave too. It isn't brilliant for the recruits, but it shouldn't be too bad for your son. He'll be going on leave after week 8 by which time he'll be well into it, which is better than those that go on leave after only 2 or 3 weeks which is generally before they start enjoying it. My son went on leave at exactly the same point last year and he was itching to get back.

Four weeks is a long time though, he was bored out of his mind. I wasn't complaining mind, I was working at Raleigh at the time and ain't gonna complain about having a month off.

Scorpio68

Midshipman
Don’t blame ya. He will get through it fine just be hacked off s bit like you say wanting too get it done thanks

Shipspotter

Badgeman
The Passing Out Parade is always on a Friday and Phase 1 training is 11 weeks, so the pass out day is Friday of the 11th week. However; if he's joining 09 Jun his training will be interrupted by summer leave. (02 Aug - 02 Sep) That means his planned pass out date will be 20 Sep.

Besides this site, you might be interested in a Facebook group that was started by the Mother of a recruit for families - HMS Raleigh Families (and Phase 2 and beyond).
How long has phase 1 been 11 weeks?

ws1602

Lantern Swinger
Does anyone know how many of your family can come and attend the passing out parade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk