HMS Raleigh, Chef Apprentice.

Hi,
I am hopefully going to start training in October in HMS Raleigh.
I was just wondering can anyone tell me what all will happen the day I arrive and what kind of a schedule I'd have?
Thanks.

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
Arrive Sunday night get put in a 6 person mess in Sir Galahad block. Start 8:15 Monday morning with a series of lectures with different RFA staff/officers for the whole week. Get your uniform that week as well.

Normally finish about 16:45 each day and the weekends are yours from about midday.

After the first week, weeks 2-4 are functional skills. Which is a week each of English, maths and ICT.
It's a government apprenticeship requirement

After week 4 you go off and learn how to cling film food and prepare cheesy hammy eggies, for a few months then join your ship.

5oclockhero

Lantern Swinger
You finish midday Friday til 0815 Monday. The weekends are yours to do whatever you can find to do. Even go home if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
Screw in bulb for bedside lamp, memory foam mattress topper, your own duvet cover and bedsheet, washing tablets, multiple padlocks, (there's loads of lockers) electric teasmaid, cuddly toy!

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
My start date was the 1st of the month, which was a Monday.
I travelled on the Sunday as required which was the last day of April.
About a week into the course I had notification that I'd been paid £30 for Sunday even though my contract officially started the day after.
So in a long winded way the answer is yes!

Silly question but is the RN and RFA chef training the same? I've been on a few RFA's and the food was a lot different, this is not a slagging off the RN chef's rant but there was a major difference.

Is it simply down to budgets between the RN and RFA (however RFA is very similar to RAF)? :)

Silly question but is the RN and RFA chef training the same? I've been on a few RFA's and the food was a lot different, this is not a slagging off the RN chef's rant but there was a major difference.

Is it simply down to budgets between the RN and RFA (however RFA is very similar to RAF)? :)
RFA and RN training is exactly the same.