Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hms raleigh blog

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
hi all , i am currently in theprocess of writing out a blog of my time at hms raleigh, hopefully it will eventually be helpful to people who are joining up but just thought i would get some peoples opinions so far.... its my first ever blog so go easy on me lol
Thanks all comments would be great ,

www.buggynavy.wordpress.com

thanks again all :thumright:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Good effort Buggy, I'm sure it will prove useful to Newbies and even perhaps be of interest to us 'Oldies'.
Only 1 issue, Royal Navy, not royal navy. :thumright:
NZB

slim

War Hero
Make sure that you do not leave out the important things such as, what iron to buy or luggage to take.

Ant_H

Lantern Swinger
Good Idea, Many folk will find it a useful read.

I did notice on the right hand side of the blog page it said you left in 2007 just short of completing phase 2 training, if you don't mind me asking, how come?

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
thanks fo the comments guys i have a hell of a lot to put on there yet im going for it today.

i left in october of last year as i was too stupid to be able to pass the tests while in phase 2 as a wafu.I simply found it all too much to take in , i had a choice of being discharged or going submariner branch which wasnt for me so i PVR'd and re-entered. Now i have my date to start at raleigh again on june 18th and im chuffed thati got back in the mob so quicky. going in as supply chain loggie. (SA) whic was my origional choice but because i got a high score on the RT tests they thought it would be good for me to go wafu for some reason lol. i think the way the tests are run need looking at for that reason, it didnt help that i was encouraged to join that branch just going on my test scores.

Anyway thanks for the coments guys if anyone is waiting to join raleigh and has questions then dont be afraid to ask i wont take the pi55 ! phots going on blog today also ...srry for the long post ! :thumright:

War Hero
Good effort Buggy, and all the best this time round.

One thing about the blog though, once you've speel chucked it give it a thorough read over as well. Your spell check software wont find where you're use the wrong word but spelled it properly, were you to have done so you'd have picked that up. It stuck out like a sore thumb when I read through.

Nonetheless it should prove useful to some to get some insight.

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
up to week three now on the blog. any comments on the site would be great- questions/feedback. Anyone who is joining raleigh soon who needs a question answered just post it up and ill do my best. It probably wont be as informative as ninjas advice however! just thought it would be a good idea to do this from the trainees perspective . :thumright:

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
i have moved the blog to a better service provider so should be better quality now. feel free to register all :)

www.buggynavy.wordpress.com

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
NMT Week 4 is up now . will do week five tonight sometime .
leave comments you people waiting to join! thanks all

busterbroon

Lantern Swinger
excellent stuff matey

starting to think you may be American - edinborough

PO's dinner, i'm sure when i was there you didnt get out until week 6 and you were lucky to get to the bar before then

Is HMS Brecon down there now to teach trainees about ships husbandry?

Was a good read that Buggy, but like It has already been pointed out there are a few spelling checks that need to be done.

Well done though and keep up the good work.

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
thanks a lot for the comments folks , i admit im not the best at spelling in the world i will try to be a bit more thorough with it. I have just added dartmoor to the blog also

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
thanks karma i didnt think of that i will go for the word program i think so at least some people can understand it. Us janners cant speak too well you see lol

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
week 5 is now up and i have just put a link to the forum. come have a look around and register help the newbies!!! :thumright:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Pre HMS Raleigh brief Joining the Royal Navy 13
D HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh 'HMS Raleigh Welcomes Capt Suzi Nielsen As Its New Commanding Officer' Bases / Shore Est 24
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh RN Submarine School - Torpoint Marathon To Raise Money For The Submariners' Memorial Appeal Submariners 3
A 2.4km run at HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 7
TechnicPR Does anyone have the HMS Raleigh JI/Kit List? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Forces TV: Basic Training At HMS Raleigh: "We Can't Afford To Stop". Bases / Shore Est 7
soleil Cornish Times: "HMS Raleigh's Wartime Role Remembered As Latest Recruits Prepare To Pass-out On VE Day 75" Bases / Shore Est 1
A What happens after interview stage? How long do you have to wait till you get to HMS Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh - A New Recruit By The Name Of Raleigh Bases / Shore Est 4
M HMS Raleigh shutdown over Easter Joining the Royal Navy 4
soleil RN Website: HMS Raleigh's Physio's Fundraising Mission Bases / Shore Est 0
R Tips and tricks for HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 19
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh Page: "A Short Video Of The Cornwell27s At Pier Cellars This Week" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh - 80th Anniversary Bases / Shore Est 2
D HMS Raleigh Payroll team Joining the Royal Navy 7
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh page - The Twelve Days Of Christmas Bases / Shore Est 1
R HMS Raleigh and guide dogs Joining the Royal Navy 5
L Fitness for HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Preparing for HMS Raleigh at 16 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
MorganCUFC PRNC and HMS Raleigh dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Hms Raleigh entry date February 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D Start date at HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
U HMS Raleigh for naval reserves Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
S HMS Raleigh video Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
H Hms Raleigh week 4 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
K Summer leave 2020 HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 28
B Son started at HMS Raleigh today Nearest & Dearest 0
B Changing branch at HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
K HMS RALEIGH Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S Is HMS Raleigh like the Channel 4 programme makes it out to be? Joining the Royal Navy 3
N HMS Raleigh... Joining the Royal Navy 17
Rum_pot Failing HMS Raleigh fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 63
SafferBlondie HMS Raleigh - Phase 1 training - 10th November '19 Joining the Royal Navy 12
H HMS Raleigh medical notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Rum_pot Shaving in HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
R HMS Raleigh holiday dates Joining the Royal Navy 7
L Hms Raleigh 1970 Bases / Shore Est 5
U HMS Raleigh summer break Joining the Royal Navy 8
LeedsBornLeedsBred HMS Raleigh wait time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B Exactly What uniform is given to you at hms Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
S Hms Raleigh entry date June 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 11
J HMS Raleigh joining date 10th feb 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 11
M HMS Raleigh Entry 6th January 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
C EHIC card out of date for HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Hms raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 1
C HMS Raleigh week 4 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Banshee-RMforum HMS Raleigh 24th feb 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
W Just finished week 1 at HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 8
D Hms raleigh haircut Joining the Royal Navy 5