hms raleigh blog

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by -buggy-, May 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all , i am currently in theprocess of writing out a blog of my time at hms raleigh, hopefully it will eventually be helpful to people who are joining up but just thought i would get some peoples opinions so far.... its my first ever blog so go easy on me lol
    Thanks all comments would be great ,

thanks again all :thumright:
  2. Good effort Buggy, I'm sure it will prove useful to Newbies and even perhaps be of interest to us 'Oldies'.
    Only 1 issue, Royal Navy, not royal navy. :thumright:
  3. Good effort shippers
  4. Concur with the comments above. BZ.

Keep it up if you have time!
  5. Make sure that you do not leave out the important things such as, what iron to buy or luggage to take.
  6. Great stuff buggy, very useful for those of us waiting to start. :thumright:
  7. Good Idea, Many folk will find it a useful read.

I did notice on the right hand side of the blog page it said you left in 2007 just short of completing phase 2 training, if you don't mind me asking, how come?
  8. thanks fo the comments guys i have a hell of a lot to put on there yet im going for it today.

i left in october of last year as i was too stupid to be able to pass the tests while in phase 2 as a wafu.I simply found it all too much to take in , i had a choice of being discharged or going submariner branch which wasnt for me so i PVR'd and re-entered. Now i have my date to start at raleigh again on june 18th and im chuffed thati got back in the mob so quicky. going in as supply chain loggie. (SA) whic was my origional choice but because i got a high score on the RT tests they thought it would be good for me to go wafu for some reason lol. i think the way the tests are run need looking at for that reason, it didnt help that i was encouraged to join that branch just going on my test scores.

Anyway thanks for the coments guys if anyone is waiting to join raleigh and has questions then dont be afraid to ask i wont take the pi55 ! phots going on blog today also ...srry for the long post ! :thumright:
  9. Good effort Buggy, and all the best this time round.

One thing about the blog though, once you've speel chucked it give it a thorough read over as well. Your spell check software wont find where you're use the wrong word but spelled it properly, were you to have done so you'd have picked that up. It stuck out like a sore thumb when I read through.

Nonetheless it should prove useful to some to get some insight.
  10. cheers karma , i will give it a scan and correct it soon :thumright:
  11. up to week three now on the blog. any comments on the site would be great- questions/feedback. Anyone who is joining raleigh soon who needs a question answered just post it up and ill do my best. It probably wont be as informative as ninjas advice however! just thought it would be a good idea to do this from the trainees perspective . :thumright:
  12. i have moved the blog to a better service provider so should be better quality now. feel free to register all :)
  13. NMT Week 4 is up now . will do week five tonight sometime .
    leave comments you people waiting to join! thanks all
  14. excellent stuff matey

starting to think you may be American - edinborough

PO's dinner, i'm sure when i was there you didnt get out until week 6 and you were lucky to get to the bar before then

Is HMS Brecon down there now to teach trainees about ships husbandry?
  15. Was a good read that Buggy, but like It has already been pointed out there are a few spelling checks that need to be done.

Well done though and keep up the good work.
  16. thanks a lot for the comments folks , i admit im not the best at spelling in the world i will try to be a bit more thorough with it. I have just added dartmoor to the blog also
  17. thanks karma i didnt think of that i will go for the word program i think so at least some people can understand it. Us janners cant speak too well you see lol
  18. week 5 is now up and i have just put a link to the forum. come have a look around and register help the newbies!!! :thumright:
  19. week 6 now with a couple pics from jupiter point :)