Are probiotics included in non prescribed medicines? I like to keep healthy and have a Cod liver oil each morning etc ? Many thanksRe: HMS Raleigh- Joining Tips
The following documents must be taken to HMS RALEIGH.
National Insurance Number - this should be obtained from your last employer (as for Tax Form P45) or, in the case of school leavers, from your last school or Youth Employment Office.
National Health Card - If not held by your parents, this should be obtained from your family doctor. If you are unable to obtain a card, please find out from your doctor or parents your National Health Service Number.
Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
Marriage Certificate/Deed Poll (if applicable).
Tax Form P45 and/or P60 (applicable only if you have been employed and have paid income tax) - this should be obtained from your last employer.
Obtain from your Doctor your Immunisation and Vaccination history. If you cannot produce your Immunisation history on entry it will be assumed that you require a full course of immunisations. Any recognised educational certificates you may have.
Your bank account details (if you do not have a bank account you are strongly advised to open one prior to joining. Your Naval salary can only be paid into a bank account).
Pre-Joining Fitness Programme. You are required to produce this guide at HMS RALEIGH.
KIT LIST FOR RECRUIT TRAINING
Underwear 7 sets
Wet razor (not Electric) / shaving cream or foam, spare razor blades, moisturizer / shaving balm, soap and soap dish, toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush or comb, nailbrush and nail clippers or scissors.
Smart casual clothing: As required
Swimwear (Note: No bikinis or football shorts)
Training Shoes (not Trainer Boots) Tracksuit Slippers or Flip Flops (Accommodation and washing facilities are communal) 1 pair
Large Towels 3
Wooden/Plastic Hangers(6 coat and 2 trousers/skirts) 8
Letter writing material (plus stamps), Black Pens: 1 Ballpoint and 1 Black indelible marker pen 2
Soft yellow dusters (good quality â€“ for polishing shoes) 2
Black Shoe Polish 1 large / 1 small tin
Steam iron (not travel iron) 1
Clothes brush 1
Shoe / boot brushes 1 set
Pressing cloth (non-fluffy tea towel or large, white handkerchief) 1
Sewing kit (including reels of button thread â€“ 1 black, 1 dark green, 1 white, 1 light blue and 1 pair of scissors) 1
Spray bottle (household type, to aid ironing) 1
Padlocks and keys (medium sized â€“ including spare keys â€“ not combinationâ€™) 2
Spare pair of spectacles / contact lenses (strongly advised â€“ see note 3) As required
Hand washing powder or liquid hand wash. 1
Spending money (see note 4) Â£50 (recommended)
1 x 1 Ltr Water Bottle 1
Wrist Watch 1
1. You may be granted leave privileges during your initial training but free time is limited and you will be in uniform throughout the early part of training. In addition, locker space is at a premium; so do not overdo the amount of civilian clothes you bring.
2. If you wear contact lenses and also have spectacles bring them both along with your prescription. Tinted and photo-chromatic lenses may only be worn for medical reasons.
3. Your pay will be sent to a bank Current Account only and you are strongly advised to open such an account prior to joining. If you do not, there are limited bank facilities available to enable you to open a bank account. This may result in a delay in processing your first payment. You should arrive with a minimum of Â£50 cash to tide you over the first few weeks. You are advised that you will be required to pay a laundry charge in cash of Â£22 and Â£4 for a haircut if needed.
4. During your 9 week basic training you will be offered immunisation against; Meningitis C, Diphtheria/Tetanus/Polio, BCG(Tuberculosis), Measles/Mumps/Rubella, Typhoid, Hepatitis A and hepatitis B (Healthcare workers only). If you have received these or any other vaccinations in the past 10 years please bring documentary evidence with you to HMS RALEIGH. Details of your vaccination history may be obtained from your general practitioner or from the Child Health Information Department. If you can not produce documentary evidence you will be offered re-vaccination in week 1 of your basic training.
1. You will be required to pass the RN Swimming Test and the RN Fitness Test, which is to a higher standard than the Pre-Joining Fitness Test which you have already passed. A 2.4Km run will occur on Tuesday of Week 1 and is an assessed serial; therefore, you are strongly advised to continue to work on your level of fitness ability prior to joining HMS RALEIGH.
2. You are also strongly advised to learn basic hand washing and ironing skills before joining to enable you to maintain your uniform to a high standard.
3. No jewellery is to be visible with uniform other than signet or wedding rings for males; wedding, engagement, signet rings, and a plain gold sleeper or stud earrings for females. In addition, female trainees are to ensure that long hair is worn up using plain hairgrips/hairnets and, the use of make up is not allowed during Initial training. All body piercing is to be removed prior to joining.
4. Food and drink are not allowed in the accommodation areas, you should therefore only take enough for your journey. There is a shop and automat facility at HMS RALEIGH.
5. Mobile phones can be taken with you but they can only be used out of working hours. You are not permitted to use the camera facility on your mobile phone during Phase 1 Training. You are not to take any of the following items:
â€¢ Valuable items of jewellery.
â€¢ Excessive amounts of cash.
â€¢ Cars or motorcycles.
â€¢ Portable DVD Players/ Walkman/ MP3 stereos (headphones not allowed).
â€¢ Offensive weapons (including pocket knives).
â€¢ Non-prescribed medicines.
6. You will be informed on joining of your leave entitlement.