HMS RALEIGH 27th Nov Good or bad date?

Discussion in 'Joining the Royal Navy' started by Walter_white, Jun 8, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HMS RALIGH entrance date is 27th November. Is this a good date to be going or not?

2. In an auspicious alignment of the planets sense or because it'll be cold and dark? Just be glad you have a firm entry date - many have been waiting for just such a thing from what I've read on these pages.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am delighted with getting a date but I will be prioritised as I'm 16. Though is it a good thing going over Xmas and getting a break in between to break it up?

4. Good for you! Young Pvivax went through HMS Raleigh at about the same period, yes the break is nice over Christmas but he did say that some struggled on their return from leave with homesickness. You've a great opportunity here HK just go for it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank a lot, my friend

6. What do you mean by that.

You will have your Christmas leave at the end of week four. Two weeks leave and then return in the new year refreshed and ready for the rest of the joys of phase 1 training.

7. Well I'm guessing they are more desperate for the younger ones especially as I'm 16. Therefore, they will shorten my waiting list and give me a starting date, whereas some people wait longer as they aren't as prioritised? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

9th of June is when I have penciled in my next shit. Good/bad date, or should I hang off until the tenth?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I applied for a role with a wait of 12 months...18 months ago still heard nothing :D

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I think you may be wrong.

11. It could be worse I guess. 25th December stands out as a bad day to join.

12. No doubt, someone who joined on Friday 13th 6.66, may have been a tad apprehensive. :)

13. Completely wrong, you're not special, just young.

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

He could be speshal

15. That did occur but I was being nice considering the thread, don't want to upset the mods ;)

16. Of course I'm not special, I never said that. However, the rate of which 16 year olds join the navy is extremely low and I believe are prioritised during the selection process. Not favouritised.

17. You believe wrongly. Where did you get that idea from, and whoever told you is also wrong. Is 'favouritised' a real word.

18. I'm still confused to how they have a entry date for November thought they gave a maximum of 5 months notice (correct me if I'm wrong please).

19. The AFCO said because I'm the youngest, the selection process is a lot quicker than the usual process. As they are 'crying out' for 16 and 17 year olds. I'm pretty sure 'favouritised' is a word but probably not knowing me.

20. Well I got a letter attached with a reply slip to accept or decline. The entrance date is 27th November. They then said they will get in touch with further details regarding my PRNC