Hms Raleigh 2.4k times/ run terrain?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by RhysJJ, Apr 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me what the 2.4k run terrain is like at Raleigh? Also anyone whos going later in the year what are your pb times for the 2.4k? my best is 10.11 so far but on a treadmill, yet to attempt it outdoors...
  2. It's on a hilly beach
    • Like Like x 3
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Depends on what time of the year it is.

If its wet, add 2 mins onto the time you have, because its a bog. Ice will add a minute of so for the turns and the risk of a injury. Summer is a breeze.

Good luck!
  4. Fixed it for you Jim.
  5. It's around all weather pitch, weather you pass depends on where you pitch up.
  6. You need to get outdoors & do it cos it's quite different! (I actually prefer it to a treadmill but many find it more difficult). I'm off to Raleigh in May & I'm on 13 minutes (But I am old.. & a woman!)

Good luck!

P.S. It's done on a track at Raleigh, so I'm told
  7. suggest you start running out doors mate, your going the same date as me aswell mate 6th nov
  8. Fcuk all that training malarkey, just front up to the PTI and offer him a blow job round the back of the gym.
    It worked for me every time.
  9. News from the front is day 2 fitness test is now done with ankle weights
  10. The Raleigh 1.5 mile timed runs are done around the all-weather pitches. So nice and flat with a decent surface to run on. If you've passed your pre-joining run at Fitness First, then you should really by now be running outdoors in preparation for your timed run at HMS Raleigh. If you fail the timed run they can now send you straight home, so good preparation is a must.

Your own CA should have advised you of this at your final entry briefing

11. treadmills are for lesbians and bed wetters ive heard.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. does that mean you eat/sleep/drink and generally spend most your time on a treadmill then clay??:cool:
  13. haha, yes....yes i do :nod:
  14. From what i read they WILL send you home. No pressure hey :)
  15. Get an effing grip, you're joining the armed forces! Get your running bats on and start beating the road up. Treadmills are fake and you need to add a minute to your "real" time. I take it you are a young(ish) man you should be aiming for 9.30 at least.
  16. Right I'm going to be different, you don't need to be running every day to get fit. I run 2-3 times a week and finally got my run time within the seven minute mark. I do a couple of five milers a week and sometimes if I can't be arsed running I do interval training on the rowing machine.

Here is what I do on the rowing machine

300 meters in a minute followed by a minute rest and repeat 8 times making sure all your times are under a minute.
    Give it a go it's a ball busting quick session.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. All about the heart rate
  18. ha yeah cheers, my pjft is in 2 or 3 days on a treadmill i'm hoping for around 10.00. i have a good 6 months or so before going to raleigh to practice outdoors

19. Ohhhhhh don't!! I'm having nightmares!!! haha. (only joking!) Exciting times!!
  20. passed the pjft yesterday 10.01 not too bad!