HMS Queen Elizabeth.

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by normongthesecond, Nov 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With tweny letters and spaces in her cap tally few of our sea-sisters could have served aboard our new carrier. speaking fluent French or not.A cap size of at least ---
    Seven and one Eighth is necessary to accommodate the name Mind you HMS Prince of Wales with but nineteen Letters and spaces would preclude all but the big-headed of our distaff maritime oppos.
  2. I avoided the full stops otherwise 21 letters and gaps would have precluded the smaller-headed junior ratings from serving aboard.
  3. Oh my God you are an A1 OPDEF of a throbber!! Please come nowhere near a ship I am on so you dont suck the life and soul out of me with your amazing dits!!
  4. I'll do my best to give you sea room.
  5. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

Christ man you are throbbing so hard you're a one man noise short. You must pull a vacuum when you walk into a room.
  6. You could always shut his head in a tunnel door to see how far the cap tally would go round.
  7. And it would interesting trying to eject him out the gash gun, probably be a 5 tube job.
  8. fails_as_is

First volunteer (candidate) for a live trial of the escape tower?
  9. Anyway, back to the thread.

Normong, you can't count. HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH has nineteen letters and spaces, the same as HMS PRINCE OF WALES, not the twenty you claimed. HMS QUEEN CHARLOTTE also had nineteen letters, and the inhabitants of Whale Island didn't seem to have a problem with cap tallies. TS QUEEN CHARLOTTE had only eighteen, yet the boys and girls in the Guildford Sea Cadets never seemed to have a problem either despite children having smaller heads than adults.

Or to precis: Wrong, wrong, and wrong.
  10. fails_as_is

11. HMS MULL OF GALLOWAY - Twenty letters and spaces (23 including full stops). Any higher ones?

(Hint: QE's husband)
  12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You make a valid point.
  13. I realise I should have said 'longer' instead of 'higher'. :oops:

W.r.t. QE's husband, think 'auld reekie'.
  14. Are you after some sort Gold award?
  16. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

H.M.S. WESTON SUPER MARE ('Aggie on horseback').
  17. I note you have not addressed my points, merely sidestepped them. HMS QUEEN CHARLOTTE and TS QUEEN CHARLOTTE were both written in full on cap tallies which were worn without any problems caused by the length of the name. Also, you can't count.
  18. Re: HMS Queen Elizabeth - longest ship's name

I get the feeling none of the above could count for the longest ship,s name since they are made up of more than one word. Can anyone better HMS NORTHUMBERLAND?