HMS Queen Betty, another "milestone"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by northern-matelot, Oct 8, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it seems like the new carrier has now received her Artisan radar and thanks to Gizmodo, there is a time-lapse giff of this happening for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/10/am...ains-monstrous-warship-getting-her-radar-eye/

I Know it's a bit of a white elephant ship, but hopefully once she's in the water she'll be put to some use once sea trials and DLP's are done. Personally, I can't wait to wear the talley on my cap later this year.

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

She's in the water, has been since last July.

3. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I've just been on her - I instantly developed CVF tourettes - "fu%% she's big", "fu%% that hangars huge"....

You can get two T23's in the hangar!! Quite why you'd want to I'm not sure, but apparently they'd fit.

She looks likes a ship in the early stages of a DP with contractors all over her (Around 3500 per day) but its coming together.

The biggest take away for me, 5.6 compartments per person...cleaningtastic

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. If in doubt, scrub out;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

You can't, they wouldn't, at least not fully assembled. Some 'crazee fun fact generating dweeb' in PR is thinking in two dimensions.

6. That made me chuckle :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Have they worked out yet where the Crabs' hotel and swimming pool will go?

8. Not yet, but I bet they have a RAF Liasion office (2 Romeo RAF Dripping Dept)

9. Glad to have shown you around!

Now you can wonder which one I was!

10. wave_dodger

Bollocks - you can....

11. wave_dodger

If you're the skooly twat......I'm him !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. wave_dodger

Oddly they have and they're fi&&&&ing huge!

13. Aye, I know that, I've been following her progress intently. It's not a coincidence she's my next draft.

Mind you that does sound cleantastic till I remember on a 23 I had 6 compartments to clean by myself (inflam, half deck, half deck bulk store, half deck dhp store, naval store and clothing and oils and greases store), plus where ever the XO decided to send me on one of his clear lower decks all departments cleaning missions.

14. Weren't the half decks a bastard to store and clean?

15. You're the only three ringer I have ever met with a beard to rival Capt Birdseye and mouth to rival a tourette's sufferer!! ;-)

Faith restored in the officer corps!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Its a little known fact that WD is in fact Captain Birdseyes stunt double for high action fish finger film shots.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Somehow you've made that sound filthy :D

18. Spot on Ballistic.
    -
    images.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. ...another of our Cap'n
    -
    download.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Captain Birdseyes Fishy Fingers - what could possibly be wrong with that statement?