HMS Queen Betty, another "milestone"

Well it seems like the new carrier has now received her Artisan radar and thanks to Gizmodo, there is a time-lapse giff of this happening for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/10/am...ains-monstrous-warship-getting-her-radar-eye/

I Know it's a bit of a white elephant ship, but hopefully once she's in the water she'll be put to some use once sea trials and DLP's are done. Personally, I can't wait to wear the talley on my cap later this year.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've just been on her - I instantly developed CVF tourettes - "fu%% she's big", "fu%% that hangars huge"....

You can get two T23's in the hangar!! Quite why you'd want to I'm not sure, but apparently they'd fit.

She looks likes a ship in the early stages of a DP with contractors all over her (Around 3500 per day) but its coming together.

The biggest take away for me, 5.6 compartments per person...cleaningtastic

I've just been on her - I instantly developed CVF tourettes - "fu%% she's big", "fu%% that hangars huge"....

You can get two T23's in the hangar!! Quite why you'd want to I'm not sure, but apparently they'd fit.

She looks likes a ship in the early stages of a DP with contractors all over her (Around 3500 per day) but its coming together.

The biggest take away for me, 5.6 compartments per person...cleaningtastic
Glad to have shown you around!

Now you can wonder which one I was!

She's in the water, has been since last July.
Aye, I know that, I've been following her progress intently. It's not a coincidence she's my next draft.

Mind you that does sound cleantastic till I remember on a 23 I had 6 compartments to clean by myself (inflam, half deck, half deck bulk store, half deck dhp store, naval store and clothing and oils and greases store), plus where ever the XO decided to send me on one of his clear lower decks all departments cleaning missions.

Latest Threads