HMS QE.

^Agreed. Plus IMO rather generous of the Cap'n to decline the presence of certain alleged miscreants at his Table. Pity his superiors were to take a different view regarding his later 'cargate' episode.

Mildly surprised to see 'twas narrated by Caroline Catz...
1572259803626.png

...I reckon she swung it with this rig run photo taken whilst Janneriting in Portwenn.

huwshpis

War Hero
^Agreed. Plus IMO rather generous of the Cap'n to decline the presence of certain alleged miscreants at his Table. Pity his superiors were to take a different view regarding his later 'cargate' episode.

Mildly surprised to see 'twas narrated by Caroline Catz...
View attachment 44503

...I reckon she swung it with this rig run photo taken whilst Janneriting in Portwenn.
Hang on Bob, the Captain in the programme was Jerry Kyd, not his unfortunate successor. Jerry is now a Vice-Admiral.

Capt Kidd left midway through the deployment in New York to become Fleet Commander not long after. He rated me up a couple of years back while the QE was still in build, I still see him around the dockyard now and then and he always asks how I am.
Haven’t seen much of Capt Cooke-priest though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stirlin

War Hero
5 out of 10 , far too gooey and syrupy for me , some good bits but last night I was almost reaching for the sick bag .
HMS Duncan series was far better IMO..

Dusty70

War Hero
Agreed - the leading Steward constantly going on about the CO was starting to get creepy

and the Co's parting shot to him - call around for a drink sometime...........yeah right, that aint gonna happen

fishhead

War Hero
All in all I thought it was a good series. It is easy to pick holes in little bits here and there but I'm sure for any civvies watching it will have passed right over their heads.
The parts about the F35 were particularly interesting even without the bits Pusser didn't want us to see cut out.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
It was a good docu series and showed the ship off well. Unlike many recent documentaries about the military they did not try to make anyone look like a fool. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
Agreed - the leading Steward constantly going on about the CO was starting to get creepy

and the Co's parting shot to him - call around for a drink sometime...........yeah right, that aint gonna happen
Yes agreed. ''I'm not going ashore on leave in the big apple because I want to spend my last few days with the skipper'', FFS you would not have seen me for dust, make like the road runner!

That being said I agree with most on this thread - I thought on the whole it was an excellent series. A bit surprised that a hooky seemed to be in charge of the engine issue. I would have thought a senior rate might have been overseeing this but it still came across as very professional.

BZ

Dusty70

War Hero
Yep overall good programme - as Knotty said last engineering bit was good, thought the Yank dockies were great

I bet all the other exhaust covers are being reppied out asap to be checked - wrong welds - which Quality manager missed that ??