HMS Prince of Wales & HMS Repulse Association

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by powrep, Sep 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The 10th December 2011 marks the 70th Anniversary of the loss of HMS Prince of Wales & HMS Repulse with the loss of nearly 1000 men.

The association is planning to holding the annual memorial service on the Saturday 10th December at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire followed by the dedication of a memorial to the two ships and the men who served on them, but we need help.

The association has managed to raise nearly £9000 of the £12000 needed but urgently need some help to raise the last bit. Can you help in any way?

The Association still holds a reunion each year and this year only six survivors were able to attend. We hope that more survivors will be able to attend the service in December.

We would also like as many standards as possible to be there in December so if you if are about and can make it that would be fantastic, I know the men would be very grateful. Service is at 11.30am in the chapel.

If you can help in any please contact me.

Hannah Rickard
    Secretary

2. I Know that this is off subject but i am running out of options.I am trying to find out any information regarding my uncle who was on the HMS Repulse on the 10th December 1941 .He was a Petty Officer Stoker Thomas Farley .Any information about him would be welcome .

3. Welcome to Rum Ration, prg.

Have you applied for your Uncle's Service Record?

4. Good advice from Soleil. See here.

Have you tried contacting the Force Z Survivors' Association?

5. don't know if you're still there but my dad was on repulse when it was sunk. he has just past away on 6th of sept this year (2011). i've only just found this site and do not know if you still exist. i followed in my dads shoes along with my brother and joined the andrew in1963. what a great life. my dad was saved by a shipmate by the name of "derby" allen could be allan. my dads name is walter (dick) hewitt. if this reunion/memorial sevice still goes on please let me know

6. My father was killed on the HMS Repulse. I would like to attend the dedication of the memorial to HMS Repulse and HMS Prince of Wales on the 10th December at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire.Could you send me further details,
    many thanks

7. See here on the National Memorial Arboretum website: