hms picotee,last man standing

Discussion in 'History' started by moose 45, Jun 15, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just got my dads records.shows him drafted off hms picotee 6/8/41....lost with all hands 12/8/41. Joined fire service bootle postwar killed1951.

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
  2. Hi there,
    Hope you don't mind my asking, but am the key player for anything to do with HMS Picotee.
    I have done a lot of research on her and currently writing a book about her, the crew, her loss and previous convoys.
    I have also organised many memorial services for her. I am trying to organise one for next year - 75th anniversary of her loss. My Grandfather served and was lost with her.
    If you are able to provide any info/photos of your father and his time on board, I would be most grateful. (that is if you don't mind my using the info in book.)
    I have been trying for years to locate a crew photo, but no luck yet.
    we do have a website - www.hms-picotee.co.uk and you can contact me via that site if you so wish.
    Many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is what Rum Ration is about. Modest, strong, decent men.
    Not --The worst part of my life was the horrible train journey to Raleigh to join the Navy. With their mothers writing in worrying about them--For Gawds sake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Nope. RR is about the contributors contributing whatever the fuck they want to.

• Like Like x 2