Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HMS PENBROKE

Nozzy

So you don't want them writers to pay your pension, and various Jack Dusties, Cooks, and Stewards who may gang up on you.

Come on all or nothing. Fecking RO's could not organise a Piss Up in a Brewery.

Nutty
 

andym

War Hero
Ermmmmm wasnt it spelt PEMBROKE????I am sure it was when i did a cookery course there when i was in the CCF!LOL
 
Nutty said:
Nozzy

So you don't want them writers to pay your pension, and various Jack Dusties, Cooks, and Stewards who may gang up on you.

Come on all or nothing. Fecking RO's could not organise a Piss Up in a Brewery.

Nutty

Hi Nutty,

Wasn't it PEMBROKE?

The rest of the ROs could organise anything but I'm rushing into hammockland - wrapped up snug and safe in an old fart's home for memory impaired barstewards! Brain's excellent at things like philosophy and operating technical equipment - but crap at dates, large chunks of my past (not to mention the present), using tin openers... :lol: Talk about going gaga! Hopefully a wonderdrug will be developed - then you'll have incessant chatter from me about underwater coffins (submarines) and vine encrusted follies (Commcen Whitehall)! :wink:

Nozzy.
 
andym said:
Ermmmmm wasnt it spelt PEMBROKE????I am sure it was when i did a cookery course there when i was in the CCF!LOL

Andy

Having only managed GCE O Level English Language at the G****s place I thought a writer may pick me up but a Scab Lifter will do. Please send two codene or dovers pills ASAP. Unless they are now banned.

Nutty
 

andym

War Hero
Lol you can have Tablets,2,white,scored,Ordinary rates,For the use of.LOL

(I have no idea what they do!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Had some good runs in Chatham - had my first pint in the High St, at a pub that is now a gambling machine hall at the tender age of 16 (as a Pt3 trainee in Pembroke).
Returned three further times, to see the old town die off slowly, more so when they closed the dockyard.
Some of the watering holes are still there, but not the same atmosphere.
Pembroke is part of a Uni campus, the parade ground, drill hall, swim baths and some of the accom blocks are still standing, and there is a brand new copshop built near where Gillingham gate to the yard is.
 

dondon

MIA
I was there in 71 for part two training in the dreaded East Camp , & went back a few years later for my Killicks course , & went back a third time for one of the last POs course's there , one of the few camps that never seemed to change much , :twisted: :roll: :twisted: , used to enjoy going up to London & staying in the Union Jack Club at the weekends , :twisted:
 

brigham600

War Hero
Nutty said:
Nozzy

So you don't want them writers to pay your pension, and various Jack Dusties, Cooks, and Stewards who may gang up on you.

Come on all or nothing. Fecking RO's could not organise a Piss Up in a Brewery.

Nutty

Thats coz us RO's were already in the brewery pissing up whilst you white mafia twats were working out how to **** up our pay once again.
 
brigham600 said:
Nutty said:
Nozzy

So you don't want them writers to pay your pension, and various Jack Dusties, Cooks, and Stewards who may gang up on you.

Come on all or nothing. Fecking RO's could not organise a Piss Up in a Brewery.

Nutty

Thats coz us RO's were already in the brewery pissing up whilst you white mafia twats were working out how to **** up our pay once again.

Brigham

Sorry to dissapoint but I was part of the "Executive Branch" neither a white mafia twat or a Bastard son of Murcury. Then I got promoted to "Executive Branch Submarines"

Nutty
 
Nutty you don't get promoted to boats -------ya get skidded !!!

The good old days of volunteers died a death about 1970 :? :?



Was in Chatham in 1959 ---P7R for 6 months , boring place but handy for the runs up the line to London. I was Chatham rating before the great move to centralised drafting------only time I went to town was to catch the train!!

Was there not a St Mary's Barracks aswell --it was by the old gunnery school -it was a favourite hidey hole for the barrack stanchions.
 
Went to Chatham a few times, mostly with Warspite for dockings, was there durig Ted Heaths miners strike, and when Valiant who was refitting in the next dock had a minor fire in the RC entry module. That was quite a sight, fire engines as far as the eye could see. I was told afterwards that we had moved almost every fire engine as far north as Warford.

Peter
 
Greenie said:
Nutty you don't get promoted to boats -------ya get skidded !!!

The good old days of volunteers died a death about 1970 :? :?



Was in Chatham in 1959 ---P7R for 6 months , boring place but handy for the runs up the line to London. I was Chatham rating before the great move to centralised drafting------only time I went to town was to catch the train!!

Was there not a St Mary's Barracks aswell --it was by the old gunnery school -it was a favourite hidey hole for the barrack stanchions.

In the 70s, St Mary's Island became the dumping ground for dockyard rubbish etc.
East Camp was opened up for baby Supply ratings, the Drill shed (you must have known that) and part of the parade ground became part of the yard also.
We still had about half the parade backing onto the shed, and one end the C&POs mess, the other being the swim pool, Supply training school, sickbay, armoury etc, and something called the Supply Support Group based inside the yard, up until Pembroke shut down.

You missed some good pub runs in Chatham & Gillingham, not so good now, as they have knocked a few down - town improvements I think they call it ?!

Was the Monarch going strong when you were there?

St Mary's Island is now a housing area, pricey with a marina etc
 
I was on quiet numbers mainly cos I had a draft to a Guzz destroyer and of course the P7R . Ended up as Padres runner and chapel cleaner!!

The parade ground used to be like a carriers flight deck with the goofers on the roadway ---------especially when the wrns were doing parade drill.
Thats when the SnS school was going full time.

St Mary's I always remember the derelict canteen and the various buildings
it was like a step back in history -----long time ago.

I had a girl friend in Portsmouth my next seadraft was a guzz ship and I was in Chatham----really impressed --I was 18 then!!
 

dt018a9667

War Hero
whitemouse said:
Greenie said:
Nutty you don't get promoted to boats -------ya get skidded !!!

The good old days of volunteers died a death about 1970 :? :?



Was in Chatham in 1959 ---P7R for 6 months , boring place but handy for the runs up the line to London. I was Chatham rating before the great move to centralised drafting------only time I went to town was to catch the train!!

Was there not a St Mary's Barracks aswell --it was by the old gunnery school -it was a favourite hidey hole for the barrack stanchions.

In the 70s, St Mary's Island became the dumping ground for dockyard rubbish etc.
East Camp was opened up for baby Supply ratings, the Drill shed (you must have known that) and part of the parade ground became part of the yard also.
We still had about half the parade backing onto the shed, and one end the C&POs mess, the other being the swim pool, Supply training school, sickbay, armoury etc, and something called the Supply Support Group based inside the yard, up until Pembroke shut down.

You missed some good pub runs in Chatham & Gillingham, not so good now, as they have knocked a few down - town improvements I think they call it ?!

Was the Monarch going strong when you were there?

St Mary's Island is now a housing area, pricey with a marina etc



Don’t forget the old cookery school, just inside the main dockyard gate next to the football pitch and the NBCD school.
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
They had a school for Cooks?

Most of them must have been expelled before taking their exams :roll:
 
dt018a9667 said:
Please don’t blame the cooks it was all our fault.



THE CATERERS


Favourite saying at the servery------Chef this is shite ......................but its well cooked :lol: :lol: :lol:


Submarine days --everyday was a duff made with the same old pussers sponge mix and custard anyway someone upset the chef and asked for something different


Next day same duff--------------------but blue custard
it looked fcuking 'orrible
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS ACTIVE = SINKEX TARGET The Fleet 11
S Face Fuzz at HMS Raleigh RFA 2
Alfacharlie HMS Norman Diamond Lil's 8
B Speakers at Hms Raleigh Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 11
N Son joining HMS Collingwood 8th Feb 2021 Joining the Royal Navy 7
BratMedic HMS Sepoy History 0
Wreckmasterjay HMS Fearless and the sinking of Foxtrot 4 History 5
D HMS EAGLE old crew Nearest & Dearest 5
MoD_RSS HMS Audacious sails from Barrow MoD News 0
J Hms sultan start dates 2021 Joining the Royal Navy 3
Pandaplodder HMS Intrepid 1823 History 3
B Pre HMS Raleigh brief Joining the Royal Navy 13
MoD_RSS From Portsmouth to Odesa, UK and Ukraine naval cooperation on show as Ukrainian President visits HMS Prince of Wales MoD News 0
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
D HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: "HMS Ledbury Returns Home From The Gulf" The Fleet 0
soleil Lochside Press: "Camilla Calls At Faslane To See HMS Astute" Submariners 7
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh 'HMS Raleigh Welcomes Capt Suzi Nielsen As Its New Commanding Officer' Bases / Shore Est 24
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh RN Submarine School - Torpoint Marathon To Raise Money For The Submariners' Memorial Appeal Submariners 3
soleil P. News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Leaves Portsmouth For Training With US Marines F-35" The Fleet 8
N HMS Sultan Simulator training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J HMS Talybont and HMS Cobra History 5
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
A 2.4km run at HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS HMS Enterprise to deploy to Port of Beirut as Defence Secretary sets out package of support to Lebanon MoD News 0
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
soleil FB: Forces News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Sails Back Into Her Home Port Of Portsmouth As A "Fully Trained" Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
soleil FB: RN: Submarine Specialist Naval Reservists Join HMS Queen Elizabeth Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
soleil FB: RMRN: Take A Look Around HMS Holland I, The First Submarine To Be Commissioned By The Royal Navy Submariners 0
TechnicPR Does anyone have the HMS Raleigh JI/Kit List? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Forces TV: Basic Training At HMS Raleigh: "We Can't Afford To Stop". Bases / Shore Est 7
C PRNC 15TH JUNE HMS COLLINGWOOD Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
D HMS Surprise History 3
D HMS Collingwood leave dates UPO/Careers Office 23
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Prince Of Wales To Carry Out Investigation After Flooding Onboard" The Fleet 16
soleil Scuba Diver Mag: "Heart of Oak – On Board The Royal Navy’s HMS Richmond" The Fleet 0
soleil Cornish Times: "HMS Raleigh's Wartime Role Remembered As Latest Recruits Prepare To Pass-out On VE Day 75" Bases / Shore Est 1
A What happens after interview stage? How long do you have to wait till you get to HMS Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
C Loss of HMS Sheffield Current Affairs 3
WreckerL HMS Affray Submariners 3
D HMS Hermes Farewell Current Affairs 5
R HMS L10 History 2
N Warship Series 1 HMS Illustrious Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
soleil FB: HMS President - ‘Dunker’ Training At RNAS Yeovilton Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
R Phase 2 training at HMS Sultan Joining the Royal Navy 0
soleil Naval Technology: "HMS Prince of Wales to begin F-35 trials in January 2021" The Fleet 1
soleil FB: RN - Liverpool: 18-year-old Sailor Rhys Gets A Birthday Surprise From His Family On Board HMS Prince Of Wales The Fleet 0
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: Seven Sprightly WW2 Veterans Visit HMS Queen Elizabeth The Fleet 9
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top