HMS OTUS & HMS OPPORTUNE

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by BillyNoMates, Feb 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gone to Diesel Boat Heaven

[​IMG]

2. Sad/// ...Surely there must be a need for diesel boats these days .ie:Covert ops ...A hell of a lot cheaper .etc..

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Taken at Pounds Scrapyard in Pompy a while ago, one sank under tow later

4. That's actually depressing....[​IMG]

5. Sad to see when you consider how many good lads spent some of their best and happiest times of their lives on these boats - to see them just dumped like that makes it seem like they were never there............

6. They should be disposed of out of sight of prying eyes...that photo is an affront to The Royal Navy!

7. I was shocked to see my ex boat, Otus, sat in Pompey harbour in such as sorry state after her final commision, ( I cut the cake for the last commision in '86)
    However if you search wikipedia it would appear that Otus was taken to Germany after being purchased by some rich guy.
    I dont know how true this is. Does any one have any further info as I know how dodgy wikipedia is at times for info.

8. Once again, Google is your friend. See here and here. There's even a live webcam here.

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

11. Rest assured JS Otus is more or less alive and well alongside in the Island of Rügen. Went to see her last year and took plenty of photos. If only I could work out how to post them here I would do so.

12. So,there is a God after all.
    Old boats never die,they live on in our memories.