Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

HMS Osprey (Today)

Waspie

War Hero
Out walking the pooch today we walked close to the old Upper Osprey site. I last walked up there some four years ago. Was surprised to see the change to the place. Last time the area had been flattened. Now!!! Well see for yourself!
IMG_0441.JPG

I was in Portland last year. Is that tower block thingy with the front missing the old SR block.
The only time I have been previously is back in 1991 when the FAA received new Colours from HMQ.

I was in Portland last year. Is that tower block thingy with the front missing the old SR block.
The only time I have been previously is back in 1991 when the FAA received new Colours from HMQ.
The bare block you refer to is the old officers block. The S/R's accom. is the completed and occupied apartments. Atlantic House or something similar!!

Only ever went up there once (Dec 86), I was joining Engadine in Portland. Popped up to see some mates I joined up with that became lynx fags :)

Seemed like a right sleepy hollow compared to CU.

Only ever went up there once (Dec 86), I was joining Engadine in Portland. Popped up to see some mates I joined up with that became lynx fags :)

Seemed like a right sleepy hollow compared to CU.
Never went there apart from to the DISTEX site once. Surprising really, seeing the amount of times we went to Portland.

Never went there apart from to the DISTEX site once. Surprising really, seeing the amount of times we went to Portland.
You missed a good draft :(
Most of us lived ashore in approved lodgings many of which were in Weymouth.
So home to duties paid plus summer nightlife was good.
I lived in the mess for a short time but soon saw the error of my ways, saw the accommodation geezer and transferred to lodgings :)

Only ever went there when the boat took part in Navy Days, we were victualled in the SR's mess and the JR's were in Aggies. We weren't even open to visitors so a complete waste of time, apart from us getting bladdered down the town.

You missed a good draft :(
Most of us lived ashore in approved lodgings many of which were in Weymouth.
So home to duties paid plus summer nightlife was good.
I lived in the mess for a short time but soon saw the error of my ways, saw the accommodation geezer and transferred to lodgings :)
Ditto
Was in old POs mess up the hill. Went to POLC at Royal Arthur and when I got back they put me in approved lodgings. Landlord was a dick (ex-mob) but his daughters were all right!

The Sandbanks of Fraggle according to....
Would disagree with the comment about the development with Sidon Mews being the most expensive on Portland. The area around Church Ope way exceed those. It would be correct to say Sidon Mews are the most expensive of the new properties.
I would like to thank out of towners for bumping up the prices of properties on Portland. I made a right killing on my last home!!! Ta!

Latest Threads