HMS Osprey/Portland Port

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by janner, Jun 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Cheers for the phots Janner. Portland a place I hold in my heart. Enjoyed all my drafts down there, either with FOST Staff, Commcen, or NAS Portland MSO. Use to live on the island as well up until a few years ago, and still visit it now. Great place.

Regards, Chris

3. Nice piccies Jan.
    was lookin at your site gallery and the Depot ship pic's
    have emailed the site contact address . Some pictures noted as Maidstone are in fact Adamant.

:nemo: :nemo:

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Greenie
    you have a PM

5. I spent two years at osprey a brilliant draft lived in Weymouth in approved lodgins

6. Jan have mailed you --had problems with my emails --explorer mails
    aint gettin sent . Check your inbox

:nemo: :nemo:

7. 1 - Portland 70
    2 - Portland some years later

D:\Fred Tubb\My Documents\My Navy & Fire Pic's\RNAS Portland\1CRASHMAP.JPG

[​IMG]

8. here,s the other one lol

[​IMG]

9. Yours truly (without helmet on), practicing killing aircrew from a whirlwind. Portland early 60,s before big hangers and new firestaion was built.

[​IMG]

10. Looks like 771 sqdn Fred. Recognise the metal hangar first on the Left as you drop down from the main road, after the Regulators office .? :w00t:

11. Correct scouse 771. them were the days. Scruppy and Parsnip wine. lol

12. RAUT 37 course R/A out 40 Avenue RD Harbour club/ London bar /Vic bar :thumright: Snips yes please :thumright:

13. I love Portland. I live in Weymouth. I wish Osprey was still there.

Anyone know Ron long from the Senior Rates Mess?

14. one of the best drafts i hadi lived at Carlton road North i n aprroved lodgings sadley Brian Hinge and mark Henderson where killed on the Glam in 82 we where a terror trail around weymouth

15. one of the best drafts i hadi lived at Carlton road North i n aprroved lodgings sadley Brian Hinge and mark Henderson where killed on the Glam in 82 we where a terror trail around weymouth
    so if any o0ne knows Paul Devereux,Marcus yell let me know

16. I remember Mick Adcock. Glamorgan flight 82 :thumright: when he was at Lossie RIP :salut:

17. The management and i got married in weymouth, we lived in the MOD house in Dawlish Crescent. First house after the mob was in southview road westham. Later moved to preston out by overcoumbe corner till i retired and came to spain. Our three Kids all born in weymouth, The Eldest still lives on portland with four of our 8 grandchildren. Love the place.

18. Still live on Fraggle.

What a changed place now the RN has left.

Westcliffe has been renamed 'Little Beirut'

The oil tanks have gone. It's all quite as we only get the odd CG chopper flying about.

The dockyard is flourishing. Almost as much grey now as when the Fosties plagued the place!!!!

The new sailing academy is changing the face of the north harbour.

19. Brenden...Ginge was my room mate at the Wetherby hotel. Like waspie.. Hi mate, spent many a happy time at Weymouth when I was single!
    Was there in quite a few differant digs also which included Carlton Rd Nth!! Got kicked out of one in Lennox, got caught with a female in one morning, and had to leave another as the landlady and myself were..........."friends"

20. Not with Jean in Avenue road? :thumright: