Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

HMS ONSLAUGHT 1974

Hello to all!

I am searching for information about the patrol of HMS ONSLAUGHT off Cyprus in July 1974. Apart from the patrol, I am looking for the reason of her delpoyment in the Mediteranean in the first place and whether it had started as a Cold War patrol before the Cyprus emergency bursted. Furthermore, I would like to ask whether there is any reading about the Cold War deployments of british submarines in the Mediteranean.

Thank you in advance

George

Hello to all!

I am searching for information about the patrol of HMS ONSLAUGHT off Cyprus in July 1974. Apart from the patrol, I am looking for the reason of her delpoyment in the Mediteranean in the first place and whether it had started as a Cold War patrol before the Cyprus emergency bursted. Furthermore, I would like to ask whether there is any reading about the Cold War deployments of british submarines in the Mediteranean.

Thank you in advance

George
It is a poorly kept secret that UK boats did special patrols in the Med in the 70s. I know Onslaught was involved as I was on it earlier in the 70s. Whether any details are available in the public domain is another matter.

Latest Threads