Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

HMS Nottingham

McCloggie

Lantern Swinger
I have just read on another "maritime " site - nothing to do with the forces - that on her return to the UK HMS Nottngham is now to stay alongside at Pompey until decommissioning date in 2010. Ships company being split up etc. etc.

I have no reason to believe/disbelieve this storey but is there any truth behind this?

Are we losing yet more ships?

McC

Gen dit no Sh*t, apparently even after her (expensive) refit HMS Liverpool is apparently in a better material state, so Liverpool will be extended and Nottingham de-commissioned.

Yes the 42s may be coming to the end of their life, but don't knock them, I served on 5 of them in my time and loved every minute of that. Great ships, great ships companies too. The new 45s will have cabins for JRs, and a communal mess area, I'm not sure that's my idea of building a team spirit amongst the lower deck, after all half the fun is trying to get your head down for the morning watch on Channel night whilst the rest of the messdeck parties around you...... :thumright:

McCloggie said:
I have just read on another "maritime " site - nothing to do with the forces - that on her return to the UK HMS Nottngham is now to stay alongside at Pompey until decommissioning date in 2010. Ships company being split up etc. etc.

I have no reason to believe/disbelieve this storey but is there any truth behind this?

McC

Heh. If only you lot knew the truth.

Levers

Levers_Aligned said:
McCloggie said:

McC

Heh. If only you lot knew the truth.

Levers

Well go on then tell us

Latest Threads