Hms Nelsons Grunters

Possibly into SLAM accommodation.
JRs to be moved to 40 man tents on the car park with portaloos to enable them to take a dump.
Come on lads when you moved into that fantastic single man en-suite double bedded rooms you really didnt expect it to last did you?;)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I'm in Nelson tonight, albeit Trafalgar Block. Upon first entering the base I thought they had knocked it down & replaced it with Falklands Block - until I realised it was lurking behind.

Nelson Wardrobe, assuming the gates are contemporary with the building, isn't as old as I thought - 1903. It's an odd building when you actually look at it, with pointless arches to the left and right of the bell tower. If someone drops the bulldozer keys into the CPOs mess office, I'd be happy to assist with the upgrade tonight as I'm at a loose end.

I'm in Nelson tonight, albeit Trafalgar Block. Upon first entering the base I thought they had knocked it down & replaced it with Falklands Block - until I realised it was lurking behind.
I think it's Britannia(hell on earth) block they knocked down. Senior rates weren't happy apparently as I think they were supposed to be getting the upgrade.

xchiefcook

Lantern Swinger
As far as i remember ONA doesnt have accomodation.... looks like the Royal Beach Hotel or travel lodge for them at HUGE expense .... really saving money aint they... NOT !!!!!!

ONA accommodation ( post #18)? I suspect it did have rooms when it was first an academy, but would require quite a refurbishment project. Dunno if it's a listed building - if not it should be - and I don't know if the Crown has exemption from such regulations. (That nice Mr Hitler did try some 1940's-style refurbishment ideas of his own without permission)

Probably some spare rooms in Admiralty House next door, though........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LancashireHussar Current Affairs 8
Jenny_Dabber History 38
Jenny_Dabber Bases / Shore Est 31