Hms Nelsons Grunters

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by KillickStoker, Jan 21, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. where are the grunters going to be moved to now that their wardroom is being sold off?
  2. Possibly into SLAM accommodation.
    JRs to be moved to 40 man tents on the car park with portaloos to enable them to take a dump.
    Come on lads when you moved into that fantastic single man en-suite double bedded rooms you really didnt expect it to last did you?;)
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

There's always room at your mum's place.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Don't bother Seadog, she makes a lousy breakfast;)
  5. I cant disagree ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm in Nelson tonight, albeit Trafalgar Block. Upon first entering the base I thought they had knocked it down & replaced it with Falklands Block - until I realised it was lurking behind.

Nelson Wardrobe, assuming the gates are contemporary with the building, isn't as old as I thought - 1903. It's an odd building when you actually look at it, with pointless arches to the left and right of the bell tower. If someone drops the bulldozer keys into the CPOs mess office, I'd be happy to assist with the upgrade tonight as I'm at a loose end.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I think it's Britannia(hell on earth) block they knocked down. Senior rates weren't happy apparently as I think they were supposed to be getting the upgrade.
  8. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

'Grunters' - how adorably quaintly class war like. Are you Jeremy Corbyn?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I'm to right of centre to be Jeremy Corbyn
  10. More Jeremy Kyle:(
  11. ;)Probably closer to Clarkson
  12. Ninja_Stoker

I'm certainly not dripping with staying in Trafalgar although I must admit it's the first time I've stayed in a single cabin with a double bed.
  13. Have you met your cabin oppo that you are sharing that bed with yet Ninja?;)
    Accommodation is really tight at Nelson
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Not yet. Just hope it isn't another Chief Stoker, they are so uncouth :(
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Your a lucky fellow Ninja, you may get a chief plate layer or CPOMA
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, true. I couldn't be doing with all that pillow-fluffing and deck polishing.
  17. Apparently it's the Old Naval Academy in the historic dockyard that will house the offices now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  18. As far as i remember ONA doesnt have accomodation.... looks like the Royal Beach Hotel or travel lodge for them at HUGE expense .... really saving money aint they... NOT !!!!!!
  19. When it said grunters I thought he meant Reggie's were being got rid off? Silly me
  20. ONA accommodation ( post #18)? I suspect it did have rooms when it was first an academy, but would require quite a refurbishment project. Dunno if it's a listed building - if not it should be - and I don't know if the Crown has exemption from such regulations. (That nice Mr Hitler did try some 1940's-style refurbishment ideas of his own without permission)

Probably some spare rooms in Admiralty House next door, though........