HMS Manchester

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by marmalizer, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Newbies!!

For anyone who's interested & in the vicinity, HMS Manchester is alongside in Liverpool this weekend & is open to the public on Sunday from 12-4. Get down there bright & early & you can watch the Chelski v Liverpool game in town afterwards!! :D :boogie:
  2. Might pop over early. HMS Liverpool is doing her Farewell visit later this month too.

Shame the Liverpool AFCO isnt doing a sort of applicants visit. Be a great idea. Avoids the crowds
  3. Yeah I read about HMS Liverpool... I can't wait to see her in the flesh, (just hope i'm off work!)... so gutted it'll be for the last time though. At the rate they're being decommissioned there won't be any left for us!!
  4. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

I waved HMS Manchester off yesterday from the Wirral side and went on her on Sunday. I had a fabulous time, even though the atmosphere was a bit sad. I'm looking forward to HMS Liverpool coming at the end of the month. Got some cracking pictures and some great memories - just a shame she's going.
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Any chance of posting them? ^_~
  6. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I was disappointed until I spotted the dug. Is that your muttley?

8. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

No, that's just some random pup. Mine was behind me running round with her ball. It was a God awful day for her to arrive I have to say, but then every time a Navy ship comes in, it's terribly windy and heavy rain. She had better weather going thankfully. It was that bad over the weekend she lost some of her moorings so I'm told.