HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into harbour

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

Based in Guzz eh?

2. Good fecking effort. Too many Jacks think a good run ashore just involves getting dressed up and then getting pished.
    WRONG, these are just the preliminaries.
    The local authorities ie Mayors and Councillors, Police and Businessmen must all vent their spleen at the CO the AM after as Jack and Royal have stolen, vandalised and been obnoxious throughout their lovely Ville.
    The CO then clears lower decks and bans every last mother's son from going ashore.
    Astonished Jack and Royal then seethe. :twisted:

3. I lol-ed all over the place when I saw that, good lads!!!

4. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Thieving manc bastards. :D

The BBC News would've had a fcuking field day with us if they knew what we had 'liberated' on the fighting ice-cream a few years back.... ;)

5. Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

They should be awarded medals for a symbolic service to humanity

6. Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

Errr, no....

"When in the UK the ship is based in Portsmouth, where many of the crew live."

Mate, you need to put a new set of eyeballs in. :D

7. Nothing more satisfying than 'liberating' such crap food haunts of their shop frontage. :) Seen plenty of these 'mess trophies' in the past.

8. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I feel so awful about all the loot we decorated our gunrooms with. Maidstone had a row of illuminated tops from petrol pumps, Newfoundland had (tops) a large brass gong liberated from outside a Singapore police station without anyone noticing .. and, briefly, HMS Modeste's Battle Honours board.

9. Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

Ahh crap, must be wanking too much ...

10. A bit grand calling it a “statueâ€, isn’t it?

Personally, I think taking the thing (no, not you Steve!) back to MANCHESTER would have been a great expression of Naval traditions. Still, float testing it was significant gesture.

11. Sounds just like agood old fashioned run ashore.

12. Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

I agree makes a change from juke boxes and cars. I first thought that it was some tosser dressed up as Ronald McDonald would have been better.

13. Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

Good job we beat the French to it or they may have set light to it and the shop as well :D

14. Three hundred and fifty quid for a plastic statue which was probably coverd in dog piss anyway? They should've been rewarded for their initiative!

8O

15. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

The fine was not for stealing the 'statue' but for polluting the harbour :lol:

16. haha, brilliant.

worth every penny of the fines.

17. Bless em :lol:

Can we have a whip round to compensate these public spirited matelots for their services to nutrition and protecting children from Ronald's seducing them into eating unhealthy scran. No wonder Stephen King modelled his sinister clown character on Ronald!

Happy Sailors, Unhappy Macdonalds, Happy Macdonalds, grossly obese children! :evil:

18. Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

:roll: :roll: Polluting the harbour!!!! Similar for the Lustys Tractor 08 at the bottom of Istanbull harbour. For 4 days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Re: HMS Manchester-2 matelots throw Ronald McDonald into har

in my eyes legends, a tad upset with the lack of fots of there shenanigans.