HMS/M Barrow

Don't forget the famous HMS WESTON SUPER MARE, quickly christened "AGGIE ON HORSEBACK" by Jolly Jack - they rapidly amended the name to HMS WESTON. Anyone got any suggestions for a nickname for BARROW ? I offer "Walney Winnie", or "F Troop", for the Class of 66.

Astute begins with A...Barrow with a B.....am I missing something so bleedin' obvious here that I've made myself look an even bigger tw*t than I already am.
I'd have thought the name Barrow would have been suited to something along the Tender line...We ain't got any of them either I know. We had a navy once...I've seen the photo's!

geoffg

Lantern Swinger
SELJUK said:
Astute begins with A...Barrow with a B.....am I missing something so bleedin' obvious here that I've made myself look an even bigger tw*t than I already am.
I'd have thought the name Barrow would have been suited to something along the Tender line...We ain't got any of them either I know. We had a navy once...I've seen the photo's!
It's actually a petition put forward by the Barrow Submariners Association to name the next CLASS of boat (B class) after the town.
geoff(ers) :nemo:

geoffg said:
SELJUK said:
It's actually a petition put forward by the Barrow Submariners Association to name the next CLASS of boat (B class) after the town.
geoff(ers) :nemo:
...apoligies Geoff G, it was a news report on ceefax NE, I assumed they meant Astute class.

A new class of "Hunter-Killer" should, in my opinion
bear a name appropriate for the purpose, therefore
I would suggest that any new class of SSN be named:
HMS SUTCLIFFE, HMS SHIPMAN, or HMS NILSEN and
if they ever build a new bomber, it could be named
HMS WEST (2 crews naturally - FRED Crew and
ROSE Crew). An E-mail is winging its way to the MOD
even as I type....could get a Herbert Lott for this)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Fleet 0
Jenny_Dabber History 38
Jenny_Dabber Bases / Shore Est 31