HMS/M Barrow

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by stirling2, Apr 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In recognition of the areas long expertise in the build of boats , proposals have been put forward to name one of the Astutes after the town.
  2. hmmmm, HMS Barrow. Has a ring to it?????? Hubby laughed when he read the news!
  3. Don't forget the famous HMS WESTON SUPER MARE, quickly christened "AGGIE ON HORSEBACK" by Jolly Jack - they rapidly amended the name to HMS WESTON. Anyone got any suggestions for a nickname for BARROW ? I offer "Walney Winnie", or "F Troop", for the Class of 66.
  4. Astute begins with A...Barrow with a I missing something so bleedin' obvious here that I've made myself look an even bigger tw*t than I already am.
    I'd have thought the name Barrow would have been suited to something along the Tender line...We ain't got any of them either I know. We had a navy once...I've seen the photo's!
  5. It's actually a petition put forward by the Barrow Submariners Association to name the next CLASS of boat (B class) after the town.
    geoff(ers) :nemo:
  6. ...apoligies Geoff G, it was a news report on ceefax NE, I assumed they meant Astute class.
  7. For HMS/M Barrow the only possible penant number could be 99.

Shame Neuf di Neuf has already gone.
  8. A new class of "Hunter-Killer" should, in my opinion
    bear a name appropriate for the purpose, therefore
    I would suggest that any new class of SSN be named:
    if they ever build a new bomber, it could be named
    HMS WEST (2 crews naturally - FRED Crew and
    ROSE Crew). An E-mail is winging its way to the MOD
    even as I type....could get a Herbert Lott for this)