HMS/M Anchorite

cheddarman

Badgeman
Hi folks. I served on Anchorite December 1963 - June 1966 running from SM7, Singapore. During that time I got married and my first daughter was born and then christened utilising the the ship's bell, as was the custom. Her name is engraved around the edge.

After that I believe Anchorite was sold and then scrapped at Troon in Scotland in 1970.

Did anybody on here serve on her between '66 and '70, better still was on her at decommissioning and has any idea what happened to the bell? I have contacted Troon but they have no record.

Would just like to see it or better still have it!!!

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hi folks. I served on Anchorite December 1963 - June 1966 running from SM7, Singapore. During that time I got married and my first daughter was born and then christened utilising the the ship's bell, as was the custom. Her name is engraved around the edge.

After that I believe Anchorite was sold and then scrapped at Troon in Scotland in 1970.

Did anybody on here serve on her between '66 and '70, better still was on her at decommissioning and has any idea what happened to the bell? I have contacted Troon but they have no record.

Would just like to see it or better still have it!!!
Use the search function, top right of the page. Your question has been asked before (not necessarily your boat). You might find the answer you're looking for lurking in there