HMS Liverpool's return to the Mersey - a question...

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by JagerGirl, Feb 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

I do apologise if this is in the wrong place, but nowhere else seemed appropriate.

HMS Liverpool is returning to the Mersey this week and although I'm aware of the things planned for the few days she is back, the timings are somewhat sketchy at best. I'm just wondering if anyone who is currently on her can answer a few questions for me or point me in the direction of someone who can.

Thanks in advance, Jac.
  2. They will probably announce the actual dates when its imminent. As to specific details ...... if its not something thats a matter of security then I'm sure someone will pounce on the thread and answer your questions :)
  3. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

Thanks Scouse. I have the specific dates, it was more the Beat the Retreat and Ceremonial Sunset time I was after, along with the Freedom of the City march through. I don't mind if the times are given through pm or here, if they can be given. It's in the local press about the dates but not the times so not sure OPSEC or PERSEC issues will be an issue.
  4. Just read the Wirral globe article and it occurred to me you might have meant the timings :p
  5. Pedantic mode on - It's 'Beat Retreat' not 'Beat the Retreat', similar to 'Pipe Call the Hands' instead of 'Pipe the Call the Hands' - Pedantic mode off.

I hope everyone makes the most of this last visit and enjoys it immensely. I have a soft spot for the ship and the city.
  6. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

I do apologise Naval_Gazer :( I was on the beach at 0815 this morning watching her sail in. Nearly got arrested taking some of the pictures as I didn't realise I was on MOD/MD&H restricted land but thankfully the Policeman was nice to me. Got some good pictures so I'm happy.
  7. Awww, would have been amusing to see an RRer on telly for spying :p

Looking forward to tomorrow and getting on board over the weekend. Might even head to L'pool on monday to watch the old lady leave at 1pm
  8. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

If you see a dark haired girl in a Kawasaki jacket tomorrow or Saturday, that will be me Scouse. Feel free to say hello. I think the acting innocent (which technically I was as I didn't see the signs), the eyelash fluttering and the chest size got me off having my camera siezed and getting charged with trespass ;)

Not sure if I can put the pics up in the Gallery or not. If someone can let me know that would be great!
  9. I'll be in Liverpool this weekend staying in Albert Dock and having a look on the old lady. Anybody want to join me for a beer or two drop me a PM. Will probably do the usual rounds up in Matthew Street
  10. Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  11. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

The Hawks from Valley have just buzzed over her - one of the perks of living overlooking the river :)

I wish the Daily Post would make their minds up about the times of things. I think I'll pop over later this afternoon as they are saying that the Beat Retreat will be done tonight. If they have their timings wrong and it's not tonight, at least I'll get some more pictures.
  12. I know the freedom of the city parade is tomorrow midday.
  13. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

I know about that, I'll be at Exchange Flags waiting for them. I'll just go over later - I wouldn't be impressed if I did miss the band. I'm hoping that being over in Liverpool 4 days on the trot won't infect me with "Scouseness", although having said that, I feel safer over there than I would in Birkenhead!
  14. Birkenhead is a dying sh*tehole cesspit that needs razing to the ground. Alas.....nobody told Birkenhead that. If they could level everything except Hamilton Square, the woodside pierhead and Central'd be nice again.

Makes me glad I'm down near the other side of the wirral
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wouldn't be the first time somebody's "caught something" after visiting Liverpool... :shock: :twisted:
  16. JagerGirl

JagerGirl Book Reviewer

I don't venture anywhere near Birkenhead - I'm happy staying on the right side of "the bridges".
  17. Haha I only pass through B'head when on way to the Oval to swim. Otherwise I avoid it like the plague. Otherwise I stay in my lair in the nicer end of the wirral :p
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wales?! :shock: