HMS Lancaster leaving port

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by Ians_lad, Sep 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was lucky enough to be on a harbour tour of Portsmouth when HMS Lancaster left on their tour a couple of weeks ago. Very smart they looked, too.

Here are a couple of photos in case family and friends didn't get snaps from on the water. The Lancaster bomber flypast was a nice touch; not sure of the significance of the piper, though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Good ole Jack tabbing out on the quarter deck during Harbour Stations lol

3. Looks a bit like Procedure Alpha To me . Why is their no Chopper ranged!!!! :thumright:

4. The TV news said the chopper would join them later (once the one-eyed pensions thief had stumped up the cash for a tank-full of fuel, presumably).

Or have you just wah'ed an ex-STAB who's out of his depth in a Navy forum? :thumright:

5. :dontknow: Queens English? :thumright:

6. "Wah!": exclamation of glee uttered when forcing another to take seriously a comment only a fool would accept.

" ex-STAB": a former member of Her Majesty's Territorial Army :rambo:

See here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Category:Dictionary

For all the clarification you'll ever need.

7. Nice pics, brought some memories back of the times I stood on the upper scupper ..... but Nos 1s w/medals (2 SRs on flight deck) is this standard now... :scratch:

8. Scouse, I got disciplined for ranging my chopper on the flight deck during Procedure Alpha, so perhaps they've learned from my mistake :thumright:

9. Helo's normally join once the ship has sailed, just as it will depart just before the ship gets back. Can't have the woo's doing a full deployment can we. However the ship could be alongside baseport for a while, the flight and helo could be sent elsewhere to fill gaps.

10. :w00t: :thumright:
    must tell the lads on 814 wessex about that :thumright:
    [​IMG]