HMS Jufair?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by crbfd, Dec 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bit late in joining in this one but, am I to believe that "we" may be re-building all those facilities that were there in the sixyts? Sounds like another 360 move. Money is no objective then. I wonder how many other "pots" there are as "we" also appear to be supplied with new frigates as well? Mmmmmmm
  2. Not rebuilding all those facilities- more than a little piggybacking on the US Navy Support Unit.

We have been continuously in Bahrain since at least October 2001. This is just formalising and making things permanent. The Bahrainis have paid for HMS Juffair (2 'f's this time).
  3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

We've been there for decades, this is about going permanently back - until this point it was funded as an operational extra, not a core task - essentially preventing us from investing properly in it.

Now its permanent as a military task, a lot more can be done to invest in the area.
  4. See
    'File 33/11 VII Naval Base at Jufair' | Qatar Digital Library
    The file contains the following title deeds: title deed in Arabic, with plan on reverse, and accompanyingtranslation in English, recording exchange of land by the ...
    Explore The Archive - Site | Qatar Digital Library
    Results 1 - 10 of 4892 -Letter from William Bruce, Resident at Bushire, Writing fromHMSEden ... Eden., Atranslationof the aforementioned intimation to Rahma ...
  5. Impressed with Billy Q's historic docs. They indicate that "we" have been there for a lot longer than I had appriciated. One wonders, why two "f"s this time?
    The US Navy was there "small" time in the 60's in comparison to HM forces.
  6. "Where's your next draft Jack?"........ Ju Fecking Fair!