HMS Illustrious - Royal Navy Static Park??????????

Andrew_1980

Lantern Swinger
Just got back also, what a great day. Would have liked to have seen more of the ship but still totally satisfied with what we did get to see.. nattered to /grilled a couple of wafus which was ace, got myself a lovely green Illustrious teeshirt too.

Also that RAF pilot who's been on a bunch of TV shows was there next to the JFH.. (the fella who applied for the red arrows, and was in the 1st season of Warship I think?).. the RN pulled out all the stops didn't they!

One thing none of the sailors that we asked knew was 'what does the 'R' stand for in the 'R06' on the sides of the ship. Anyone?

sinclairmic said:
Yesterday I waited for lusty to come into the river I then follwed her into the docks on my bike. It got me so excited thinking that in a few years time I could be standing on that deck coming down the river Mersey. Today I went to see the flypast it was fantastic. I'm hopefully going aboard on Sunday to get a real taste :)

I'll swap you now. :(

sanitarium

Badgeman
Andrew_1980 said:
Just got back also, what a great day. Would have liked to have seen more of the ship but still totally satisfied with what we did get to see.. nattered to /grilled a couple of wafus which was ace, got myself a lovely green Illustrious teeshirt too.

Also that RAF pilot who's been on a bunch of TV shows was there next to the JFH.. (the fella who applied for the red arrows, and was in the 1st season of Warship I think?).. the RN pulled out all the stops didn't they!

One thing none of the sailors that we asked knew was 'what does the 'R' stand for in the 'R06' on the sides of the ship. Anyone?

linky

Lurchio

Midshipman
I left Lusty early this year (march), was emotional.......... maybe...... not. Sinclair, im a WE, if you require any info. let me know.
When we were alongside Liverpool last year, the ques were just as big if not bigger. Was a good weekend, even though we did have a PaperMache JSF strapped down on the deck which was fun..