HMS Illustrious: Lebanon Op.

dt018a9667

War Hero
One thing that has been getting on my nerves has been (and I am surprised no one has picked this up) is to the naming of ships `the HMS (ships name) ` not `the` or `HMS`.

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
dt018a9667 said:
One thing that has been getting on my nerves has been (and I am surprised no one has picked this up) is to the naming of ships `the HMS (ships name) ` not `the` or `HMS`.

I have to agree, although it's not a new thing dt, I've been hearing it (and getting pissd off by it) for years. I expect better from the BBC though.

Great to see that one of our finest had the common decency not to let Al Bakri Mohammed onto one of our noble cruise liners.

Wallow in the sh1t you helped to create, you spongeing, hateful piece of pig manure.

asst_dep_to_dep_asst said:
Great to see that one of our finest had the common decency not to let Al Bakri Mohammed onto one of our noble cruise liners.

Wallow in the sh1t you helped to create, you spongeing, hateful piece of pig manure.
You don't like him then?

Peter

Hackin_Jack

Midshipman
Squirrel said:
slightly off topic, only slightly.....
...anyone got any ideas about how long this NEO will last? When will the lads and lasses on these fine pusser's greys be heading home for some well earned leave. My guess is that they should be on their way home by the middle of next week, but that's just a guess. Any thoughts?

The first ships should probably be heading home early next week once the majority of the Brits (& the Ambassador?) and friends have been evac'd. (Does the Ambassador have to sign the Last Man Out chit?)

Still, the ships will all be back again once WW3 kicks off - and not a diplomat in sight.

jesse650

War Hero
according to CNN the isralies are going for a little walk into s.lebanon this evening. this is going to hell in a hand cart.....stand by

brigham600

War Hero
asst_dep_to_dep_asst said:

I know it didn't happen, but I can just picture the scene...

Young BM armed with SA80 and told by OOD who has recognised said twat, shouts out "Oi, Mohammed, do one!" :lol:

ThePunisher

Lantern Swinger
Cost of evacuating thousands of British passport holders from Lebanon: several million.
The look on Bakri's face when he realised he won't be allowed on a ship: PRICELESS!

In Jerusalem, a female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish
man, who had been going to the Wailing Wall to pray, twice a day,
everyday, for a long, long time. So she went to check it out.
She went to the Wailing Wall, and there he was. She watched him pray,
and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, she approached
him for an interview.
"I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN, Sir, how long have you been coming to the
Wall and praying?"
"For about 60 years."
"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"
"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims. I
pray for all the hatred to stop, and I pray for all our children to
grow up in safety and friendship."
"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"
"Like I'm talking to a fuckin' wall."

jesse650

War Hero
smile guys!, this particular jobs nearly done.......just wonder who we're leaving behind to catch the stragglers, red cross, do-gooders etc as they stand on the beach going ,"can we go home now?", when it all ratchets up and the isralies go balistic (bad choice I feel!!!!!)