HMS Illustrious Embarks Aircraft For Exercise Joint Warrior

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Oct 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: HMS Illustrious Embarks Aircraft For Exercise Joint Warr

Dont be late for the high tide on the Mersey on the 22nd!!!!!! Hands to flying stations for the Woos. Looks like they will earn their corn on this Excersise. Dont forget to have the SAR Sea King at Planeguard duty, even if you dont have an SAR Diver. Thats an Order SIR :wink: :wink:

2. Commodore Simon Ancona was an old skipper of mine on the Newcastle.

3. I always presumed that Ex JOINT WARRIOR was anti narcotics in the Caribbean.

4. POL
    Joint Warrior is I believe the old JMC's. Fun times bouncing around off FRISPland and Norway with some good runs in Leith and Edingburgh

5. I knew his father, Derek Ancona, when he was MCM10 but he later became a wheel in the Coastguard: Submarine alert system faces axe

Yes, JMC (Joint Maritime Course) became JOINT WARRIOR via NEPTUNE WARRIOR. For smaller ships, the runs were to places like Stornoway, Loch Eriboll, Kirkwall, and Wick.

6. so its crabair to the rescue

7. Re: HMS Illustrious Embarks Aircraft For Exercise Joint Warr

I used to work with Simon Ancona when he was a little bit junior than he is now. He's a good egg.

Just seen some excellent coverage on Aunty Beeb of JW. Nice to see the Faslane low cloud is as low as ever. That weather never changes up there.

8. Re: HMS Illustrious Embarks Aircraft For Exercise Joint Warr

alacrity174. You are, of course, right; http://www.rnopsscotland.com/

My play on words type jokes just aren't particularly good on a Friday (nor any other day with a Y in it).

9. Against Reefers?

(Better late than never :) )

10. Re: HMS Illustrious Embarks Aircraft For Exercise Joint Warr

''Nothing is more flexible than having an airfield you can put anywhere in the world'' - Ancona's closing line says it all.