Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by daverogers2001, Dec 23, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The HMS Illustrious Association is going through a transition period (modernisation) and as such we have launched a new website that may be found at: you can find all the latest news and details of how to book reunions from this site.

We are actively looking to increase membership, especially from anyone that served in the 5th Illustrious at any period during her 32 years career.

If you would like to join the association, please visit the site, you can now join us directly through the site at

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Joined at the superb 1982 reunion in April
    Hoping to get to one of next year's reunions, has a date and area been set for the National bash yet?
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Must admit, I thought anyone that has served General Service for three or more sea drafts in the last 32 years, must've served on the Invince, Lusty or Ark.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I've done 2 out of 3; was mildly annoyed I couldn't get a draft to LUSTY.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

I enjoyed my time on Lusty. Few realise it was the only one of the three that had single cabins for all rates, a cabaret showbar & an Olympic sized, heated swimming pool, 24 London buses in the hangar and three footie pitches on the flight deck.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bugger.
  7. I was one of the first on Invincible to obtain Unit Watchkeeping ticket, and thought I would get one of the others being built, but pusser in that time old fashion of cocking up your draft's sent to a Type 42, I was also a Pompey based rating on a guzz based ship and meeting my mates at the Bridport Café as our paths crossed, Square pegs in round holes spring to mind,now they are F#####g up the whole Engineering branch from what I read. Happy New Year to all.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, happy days. Many a bacon butty & a cup of coffee at the half-way cafe. If it wasn't for HMS Centurion drafting prowess, the owner would never have become a millionnaire ;)
  9. Are you lot old enough to get the pusser's dockyard coach either way?
  10. That café owner was a clever man, getting the coaches to meet up at roughly the same time, he had a swap draft board in there as well, IIRC.
  11. The National Reunion will be held in Liverpool the weekend of the 21st October 2016 (Trafalgar Day)-24th October 16 and the details of this will be published on the 'Booking' section of the website.
  12. How much is it, you have to fill all your details in before you are transferred to the "Payment" section?
  13. See above!!
  14. It's £10 per annum membership.
  15. Be nice to know before your details are sold on to the highest bidder ;)
  16. The website has now been updated to reflect this, many thanks for highlighting the error - now go and sign up!!:) Oh and don't worry - we will not be selling your details off to anyone.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. You can, there are a 3 this year, the Southern Branch Reunion in Bristol, the Northern Branch in Blackpool and the National AGM in Liverpool - details about these are published to the website at although details for the National AGM have yet to be finalised.
  18. image.jpeg This Dazzler has just turned up (Running Medal Hanger/Hangar) :)
  19. Awesome - are you expecting more? (Medals that is)