HMS Gannet / 819 Sqdn

Waspie

War Hero
I was 819, but the only Mackenzie I knew was a small fella, black hair at HMS Ganges in 67/68. He was a aircraft electrician. What happened to him after that I have no idea. I did two tours on 819 and the name doesn't ring bells from there! (81 to 89).

Sumo

War Hero
I was 819, but the only Mackenzie I knew was a small fella, black hair at HMS Ganges in 67/68. He was a aircraft electrician. What happened to him after that I have no idea. I did two tours on 819 and the name doesn't ring bells from there! (81 to 89).
@Waspie how the he'll can you remember that far back?

Not him sadly, he was blondish. Checked with him, apparently he was definitely there between 78-80. I got confused with his joining date being 68 sorry.

Waspie

War Hero
@Waspie how the he'll can you remember that far back?
Now its been confirmed its not the same person.
The Mac I knew from way back was the mess crab. And were not talking RAF. We, the mess, suffered because of him. So he is etched into memory for all time!!

Sumo

War Hero
Now its been confirmed its not the same person.
The Mac I knew from way back was the mess crab. And were not talking RAF. We, the mess, suffered because of him. So he is etched into memory for all time!!
we had one but he PVR out

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
Hi navy daughter.
Apologies. Exhausted all the options I had with no bells being rung, and your dad’s tenure is well before my time.
Hopefully somebody of that vintage can help out.
All the best.

Only ever went there on Detachment, seemed to be a good little number mind you.

Did get the only bollocking of my career that still sticks in my mind though :) "Don't borrow an Angry Chiefs Tractor, even if you've been told you can!!!".

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
Best job in the FAA. And a very well kept secret. ‘Til they [email protected] it over as always.
Stil remember the CO’s ( a v stormy Jock) mass bollocking at clear lower deck.... well more clear the pan really. However, best mass debrief I ever heard.