HMS GANGES Parents Day 1968 Brochure

This are some images from the 1968 Parents Day Brochure. I have it saved as a PDF file. If interested in obtaining a copy of the PDF version please PM me with your email address.

Steve.[hr]

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
ET(WE)Pooley said:
wats a button boy???
You see that picture of the mast on the front cover? Well, look up, to the very top - if you look hard enough you'll see a sort of dark speck, right at the top - that's the button boy!

FlagWagger said:
ET(WE)Pooley said:
wats a button boy???

You see that picture of the mast on the front cover? Well, look up, to the very top - if you look hard enough you'll see a sort of dark speck, right at the top - that's the button boy!
Pooley

Further he has to shin up the last 5 metres of bare mast, pull himself onto a round bit of wood 50 cm in diameter, the button. The only support being a lighting conductor. Stand up straight to attention clasping conductor between his knees and salute while they play the national anthem. All this in full uniform and cap. At the end he has to slide down one of the stays which come from near the top double smartly over to the Captain or Senior Officer on parade, salute, report and collect his crown or 5 shilling's old money.

No I never did it and agree is was worth alot more than 5 bob.

Nutty

dunkers said:
It's amazing nobody (or very few?) fell off the button :?

:roll: :roll: TROGS often fell off, but it did not matter cos we were the 'ardest barstards in the world after the Booties and French Foreign Legion.

Nutty :idea: :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jack-The-Lad Bases / Shore Est 15
G Social & Reunions 2
A History 4