Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

HMS G****S

Anyone fancy a chair made from the timbers of the old G Spot?

Here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Barrel-Chair-...ryZ66638QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5dad_1.JPG
60e2_1.JPG

neil6814 said:
Just found this photo taken in 1967
Blake21Ganges67.jpg

So which one are you, Neil? Incidentally who is the Nutty lookalike - the shorty in the back row? Did Nutty like it so much he returned for more? :eek: :lol: You all look soooooooooo happy! :twisted:

PS: Was there a Blake 7? :D

PPS: Was your DO a relation of Auberon Waugh by any chance?

whitemouse said:
Hi to any TROGs,

Appears to be some threat to the Gspot website, in that it may get taken ot of the web.

8O

WM,

Not again! I heard a year back that Clive's wonderful creation was being threatened by an unappreciative Committee. Why is it under threat now? If it's the cost, are they going to accept donations to keep it afloat?

Steve.

AAC
I'm the instructor with the beard. I said in a previous post that I hated the job, I think it shows in this photo. Within a couple of months I aplied for discharge by purchase and within a week I was on the Belfast in Pompey where I spent my last 6 months until my discharge came through.
As for who they all were I can't remember, after all it was 40 years ago. One or two look familiar but there names have all gone.

neil6814 said:
AAC
I'm the instructor with the beard. I said in a previous post that I hated the job, I think it shows in this photo. Within a couple of months I aplied for discharge by purchase and within a week I was on the Belfast in Pompey where I spent my last 6 months until my discharge came through.
As for who they all were I can't remember, after all it was 40 years ago. One or two look familiar but there names have all gone.

What did you hate about it (apart from being stationed at the infamous G Spot, that is :twisted: )? On the positive front, at least you weren't a inmate. :D

Always_a_Civvy said:
whitemouse said:
Hi to any TROGs,

Appears to be some threat to the Gspot website, in that it may get taken ot of the web.

8O

WM,

Not again! I heard a year back that Clive's wonderful creation was being threatened by an unappreciative Committee. Why is it under threat now? If it's the cost, are they going to accept donations to keep it afloat?

Steve.

Hi Guy,

Apologies, only just got back in - we were 'fire evacuated' today right in the middle of lunch..grrr.

You've probably read the reports - some intrigues there worthy of Nu Liebour :wink:

Always_a_Civvy said:
whitemouse said:
Hi to any TROGs,

8O

WM,

Steve.

Steve

The committee do not like the members talking to each other and passing
around information the committee do not want in the membership
domain. A substantial amount of funds has been unaccounted for over
many years and all questions were an sered with a blank. Now some
answers on the mast fund, slops etc are starting to surface from the murk
and the committee want the Ganges Web Site shut as it stands to prevent
further exchange of info. IMHO

NUtty

Nutty said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
whitemouse said:
Hi to any TROGs,

8O

WM,

Steve.

Steve

The committee do not like the members talking to each other and passing
around information the committee do not want in the membership
domain. A substantial amount of funds has been unaccounted for over
many years and all questions were an sered with a blank. Now some
answers on the mast fund, slops etc are starting to surface from the murk
and the committee want the Ganges Web Site shut as it stands to prevent
further exchange of info. IMHO

NUtty

Nutty,

I've been starting to read about this on the site. Robson has pointed out that the Slop Room is separate from the Association and its proceeds are towards the Mast Fund, but there seems to be some confusion about the legality of this whole set-up by members, if I understand correctly. If it is separate does that mean the Mast Fund itself is nothing to do with the Association and outside the jurisdiction of the Treasurer? If so then what is the legal status of the Mast Fund and Slops Room? Is the Mast Fund registered as a separate charity at law? Is the Slops Room legally part of the Mast Fund. If neither have charitable status then are they registered as trading companies, paying VAT, etc, or are they in legal limbo (is their position legally recognised by, say, the Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise?) If the Slop Room is unconnected in any legal manner with the Association, and the Association in no way benefits from its sales of goods bearing the Association logo, then the Association itself does not exactly appear to be in an entirely satisfactory position - certainly not if registered as a charity. It looks like the Committee could have more than free speech of its members to worry about should the Charity Commission look into this odd arrangement.

Perhaps Rosie can elucidate us all on the delights of trust law relating to charities, etc?

Perhaps you would like to start a new thread on the peculiarities of the HMS Ganges Association's Committee's modus operandi?

Steve.

Latest Threads