HMS Fulmar Association

Scran_Bag

Lantern Swinger
I'm trying to locate an address for HMS Fulmar Association. Had no joy with Google.
Would appreciate any info from any source.
 

Scran_Bag

Lantern Swinger
Thanks Slim. It's a start, a list of names but no mention of any Association.
I may try a tentative e mail to someone on the list .
 

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Scran_bag

You may want to try the RNA at Lossie, I have a drink or 3 in there when i'm up on hols and I know there are stilla few old and bold go in there

Royal Naval Association Club
26, Commerce St, Lossiemouth, Morayshire IV31 6QD
Tel: 01343 813193

Sad to say - no email address
 

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
KATWEEZIL said:
Scran_bag

You may want to try the RNA at Lossie, I have a drink or 3 in there when i'm up on hols and I know there are stilla few old and bold go in there

Royal Naval Association Club
26, Commerce St, Lossiemouth, Morayshire IV31 6QD
Tel: 01343 813193

Sad to say - no email address
Went on the Speyside whisky trail recently and ended up in Lossiemouth for my penance (is that a word). Low grey shitty buildings everywhere, but with a quaint harbour front cafe, as such. Rip off prices mind you.

Anyway, I remember some club two roads down from the main street. Not sure if it was RNA because I was haggling with the local petrol station attendant who hailed from Kent. Got out of the place intact and thought thank fcuk. Get this, I only went there because I was born there and wondered what the place was like. Thank fcuk my parents took me away. Quaint yes, realistic in a modern world, .......... get ta fcuk. :(
 

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Dabs

I was born there too, Mum's from up so I consider myself a 'Lossie Loon' I'm sad you feel that way about your birthplace however i've got to admit that since the Crabs took over things have gone downhill (At least that's who I blame anyway :wink: )
 
Hey Guys what planet are you on? Lossiemouth is beautiful, no muslims, arabs, not that we can find anyway and with a population of around 6,000 two great beaches,clean, hardly any yobs, great pubs, nice people, little crime, i say again what planet are you on?dont see much of the crabs as such, but dont know of a HMS Fulmar Association, tho i am informed that next year there is going to be a 25th anniversary thing for people who served here, like myself.
 

slim

War Hero
higthepig said:
Hey Guys what planet are you on? Lossiemouth is beautiful, no muslims, arabs, not that we can find anyway and with a population of around 6,000 two great beaches,clean, hardly any yobs, great pubs, nice people, little crime, i say again what planet are you on?dont see much of the crabs as such, but dont know of a HMS Fulmar Association, tho i am informed that next year there is going to be a 25th anniversary thing for people who served here, like myself.
Agree with you Hig, spent many happy years at Lossie, both my kids born in Elgin. Drinking with the fisherman was not too be undertaken lightly especially if they'd had a good catch. The Coulard just outside the gate (well a short stagger) nearly always had an extension (longer opening hours). Plenty of bars, The Boots (two red shoes) in Elgin was alwaysgood for a laugh. happy memories
 
Was great when we took it over from Bomber Command. Nice billets, no swamped Nissen Huts etc. Taxiways and Peri strip lined with brand new A/c from factory. Mainly Warwicks (Ex Wimpy), they were full of good stuff. Aglepoise lamps from Nav table, unobtainable then, fitted nicely into our billets.

Winter of 46/47 snow and sleet covered South, blackouts cut all power - but up North it was clear so Trans-Atlasntic flights were diverted to Lossie.

Nice people out there too, if memory serves me right.

Como
 

Scran_Bag

Lantern Swinger
higthepig said:
Hey Guys what planet are you on? Lossiemouth is beautiful, no muslims, arabs, not that we can find anyway and with a population of around 6,000 two great beaches,clean, hardly any yobs, great pubs, nice people, little crime, i say again what planet are you on?dont see much of the crabs as such, but dont know of a HMS Fulmar Association, tho i am informed that next year there is going to be a 25th anniversary thing for people who served here, like myself.
I have only fond memories of Lossiemouth, spending a lot of time in the Steamboat Inn. Is it still up & running ?

I have heard that Lossie has turned from a small fishing harbour into some kind of Yuppie Marina, is this so?

I've been unable to find any trace of a Fulmar Association, well never mind, I've still got my memories.

Thanks for trying chaps.
 

ronalder

Lantern Swinger
Hig, It might be good for the local tourist office for you to extol the virtues of Lossie, but my personal experience was of the place being my worst draft of my service. It was bearable when I spent the first few months at Pinefields overflow , but the move to the main accomodation was over a year of request chits asking for a draft anywhere.
 
there were quite a lot of people that thought Lossie was out in the sticks, but on the other hand lots of others thought the same of other Air Stations, i personally have always enjoyed it up here. Its a matter of choice, having been to Yeovilton, Culdrose, Arbroath and Anthorn, i much prefer it up here.

Yes the harbour is now a marina, but i think most of the boats are owned by foreigners, and of course the English!!!!!
 

fido

MIA
Dabs said:
KATWEEZIL said:
Scran_bag

You may want to try the RNA at Lossie, I have a drink or 3 in there when i'm up on hols and I know there are stilla few old and bold go in there

Royal Naval Association Club
26, Commerce St, Lossiemouth, Morayshire IV31 6QD
Tel: 01343 813193

Sad to say - no email address
Went on the Speyside whisky trail recently and ended up in Lossiemouth for my penance (is that a word). Low grey shitty buildings everywhere, but with a quaint harbour front cafe, as such. Rip off prices mind you.

Anyway, I remember some club two roads down from the main street. Not sure if it was RNA because I was haggling with the local petrol station attendant who hailed from Kent. Got out of the place intact and thought thank fcuk. Get this, I only went there because I was born there and wondered what the place was like. Thank fcuk my parents took me away. Quaint yes, realistic in a modern world, .......... get ta fcuk. :(
Forget the RNA - you should try the Red Shoes!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scouse Hms Fulmar Re Union The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil FB: Forces News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Sails Back Into Her Home Port Of Portsmouth As A "Fully Trained" Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
soleil FB: RN: Submarine Specialist Naval Reservists Join HMS Queen Elizabeth Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
soleil FB: RMRN: Take A Look Around HMS Holland I, The First Submarine To Be Commissioned By The Royal Navy Submariners 0
TechnicPR Does anyone have the HMS Raleigh JI/Kit List? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Forces TV: Basic Training At HMS Raleigh: "We Can't Afford To Stop". Bases / Shore Est 2
C PRNC 15TH JUNE HMS COLLINGWOOD Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
D HMS Surprise History 3
J HMS Collingwood leave dates UPO/Careers Office 23
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Prince Of Wales To Carry Out Investigation After Flooding Onboard" The Fleet 16
soleil Scuba Diver Mag: "Heart of Oak – On Board The Royal Navy’s HMS Richmond" The Fleet 0
soleil Cornish Times: "HMS Raleigh's Wartime Role Remembered As Latest Recruits Prepare To Pass-out On VE Day 75" Bases / Shore Est 1
A What happens after interview stage? How long do you have to wait till you get to HMS Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
C Loss of HMS Sheffield Current Affairs 3
WreckerL HMS Affray Submariners 3
D HMS Hermes Farewell Current Affairs 5
R HMS L10 History 2
N Warship Series 1 HMS Illustrious Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
soleil FB: HMS President - ‘Dunker’ Training At RNAS Yeovilton Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
R Phase 2 training at HMS Sultan Joining the Royal Navy 0
soleil Naval Technology: "HMS Prince of Wales to begin F-35 trials in January 2021" The Fleet 1
soleil FB: RN - Liverpool: 18-year-old Sailor Rhys Gets A Birthday Surprise From His Family On Board HMS Prince Of Wales The Fleet 0
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: Seven Sprightly WW2 Veterans Visit HMS Queen Elizabeth The Fleet 9
BillyNoMates HMS INTREPID - scrapping. History 0
BillyNoMates V(S)TOL, on HMS DASHER? Diamond Lil's 9
soleil Portsmouth News: "Weetabix Advert Stars Gosport Submarine Museum's HMS Alliance" Submariners 8
harbour_cotter HMS TRADEWIND WWII SUBMARINE Submariners 2
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh - A New Recruit By The Name Of Raleigh Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil YT: HMS Northumberland The Fleet 1
soleil Navy News (FB): North Shields - HMS Northumberland - Ship Open To Visitors - Saturday, February 8th 2020 The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS First UK night flights land in HMS Queen Elizabeth MoD News 0
soleil HMS Prince of Wales To Make Inaugural Visit To Liverpool The Fleet 43
soleil FB: HMS Sultan: "It's An Air Engineering First For Accelerated Apprentices" Bases / Shore Est 6
soleil FB: Navy News "HMS Ashanti Ghana 50th Anniversary" History 0
M HMS Raleigh shutdown over Easter Joining the Royal Navy 4
soleil Tw: HMS Cattistock M31 - Second Mine Countermeasures Squadron - Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group 1 The Fleet 0
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
soleil FB: RN Photographers: British F-35B Lightning Jets Have Flown From HMS Queen Elizabeth In UK Waters Today, 28th January 2020 The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil Portsmouth News: "RN Suffers 'Embarrassing' Fault With HMS Queen Elizabeth That Delayed UK Sea Trials Of F-35" The Fleet 8
soleil FB: Portsmouth News "What An Amazing Photo Of HMS Queen Elizabeth And HMS Prince Of Wales" Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil RN Website: HMS Raleigh's Physio's Fundraising Mission Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Aggies: Vacancy For A Lay Pastoral Worker To Work In Support Of Commodore Royal Fleet Auxiliary, HMS Excellent RFA 0
soleil FB: HMNB Devonport: HMS Scott Pauses For Reflection Over One Of The Navy’s Most Hallowed Sites History 2
R Tips and tricks for HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 19
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh Page: "A Short Video Of The Cornwell27s At Pier Cellars This Week" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh - 80th Anniversary Bases / Shore Est 2
D HMS Raleigh Payroll team Joining the Royal Navy 7
soleil Mail: HMS Defender Seizes £3.3m Haul Of Crystal Meth From Drug Smuggler's Dhow In The Arabian Sea The Fleet 3
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh page - The Twelve Days Of Christmas Bases / Shore Est 1
Similar threads


















































Top