HMS Fritillary & HMS Pentland Firth

Discussion in 'History' started by Suzieq08, Sep 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello to all

Really hope you can help me please regarding my husband's grandfather namely; Francis Witherington who was a Signaller in the Royal Navy during World War II. He served on both HMS Fritillary and HMS Pentland Firth and thankfully, survived the War.

May I ask (as I am not his next-of-kin) how does one access his Naval Service Records please?
    Please excuse my naivety, as I fully realize that there is a wealth of information 'out there' - however, I just don't know how to tap in to it properly.

Many, many thanks for your kind assistance.

Kind regards

Suzieq08

2. Suzie private message soleil I 'm sure she will point you in the right direction

Good hunting

3. Hello 'stan_the_man'

Thank you ever so much for your very kind Post/message - very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Suzieq08

4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

5. Dear Seaweed

Thank you very much indeed - really appreciate the link you have kindly directed me to. Very interesting and wonderful to be able to note that HMS Pentland Firth was a Trawler and hopefully, I can now research this vessel further via the net

Many thanks for your kind help/advice - I really appreciate it.

Suzieq08

6. Dear Soleil

Thank you so much - I am so thrilled that I found this fabulous and informative site - the help I have received in such a short space of time is simply wonderful.

I really am very, very grateful to all the Forum Members for their help and advice.

Kind regards

Suzieq08

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Suzie, Grandfather would probably followed this path, there are some very helpful people on their forum

Royal Naval Patrol Service

8. Hello Janner

Please accept my sincere thanks for your kind advice - I believe that I shall now be able to send off for my husband's Grandfather's WWII Naval Service Record. As a matter of courtesy, I shall update the Forum Members accordingly as soon as I receive a copy of his Naval Records. Huge note of thanks to you and all the Forum Members for your very prompt and kind help.

Best wishes always

Suzieq08

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Keep in touch Suzie, its always interesting to know how people get on with their research