HMS Forward - Recruitment Open Day

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by brummiebloke, Nov 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have heard through the grapevine that Forward are holding a recruitment open day this Saturday 25th November, the same weekend as the Whole Unit Assesment!!

Has something changed at Forward, they seem to be doing a lot of different things lately and they keep cropping up all over the place??

A very bold move to have the open day on the same day as the assesment but what a fantastic idea, new recruits get to see first hand what they do, meet a lot of the ship's company and senior officers in the RNR.

Can anyone confirm this is taking place???, I may have to go down there myself!!
  2. Good initiative if you ask me - and also means that there will be no shortage of blue suits for potential recruits to talk to.

Bean counters should be happy as well - no extra pay and allowances cjeques to write.

BZ FORWARD - good luck!
  3. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

New CO in September.
  4. Nice to see FORWARD is following in the steps of where PRESIDENT has already been
  5. Do I sense a slight bitterness in your tone Jim30
  6. Likewise President following Wildfire!!
  7. "Do I sense a slight bitterness in your tone Jim30"

Nope - aiming for irony!
  8. Who gives a F**k whose idea it was. If it works, go for it. Good luck Forward.
  9. yep, one team, one goal :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Usually our own! :(
  11. NO wish to detract from the impact of the new CO - who will, I am sure, do an excellent job, but this will have been in the planning cycle for some time I suspect so let's not dismiss the impacy of the former CO so quickly.

The fact of the matter is that the 'team works' - now where have I heard that before?
  12. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Ooops, didn't mean to take anything away from the former CO, just answering the specific question! And yes, as suspected by DP, planning for the WUA started prior to the new CO's arrival.
  13. Does anyone know if there is actually an "open day" tomorrow at Forward??
  14. Oh, don't spil it all at this stage by asking sensible questions - does it matter? The idea is brilliant anyway!

Besides, when have facts actually got in the way of positive action? (Remember Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction?)
  15. couldn't agree more DP, I think it is a very good idea, was just considering going along thats all.....
  16. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Try ringing the unit on 0121 506 2200 - I would imagine that unlike a normal Friday there'll be people there today! :)
  17. ok thanks :lol:
  18. BTW no unit had the 'idea' of having a recruiting event the same day as the Whole Unit Assessment - its a requirement in the RNRTM for WUA (same as having Divisions and a sporting event).
  19. and I thought it was intuition 8)