HMS Forest Moor

hms forrest moor, was drafted there in 1969 till june 1970 was on the main gate as Qm

Just wondered if anyone else had spent time up there.

To the best of my knowledge it's still in use but it's run by DCSA and staffed by civvies.

then tankey for the rest of the time, it was the only place I ever experienced ghostly activity, but a great draft never the less, left her to join the Lewiston to finish my time.

Rocket_Ron

Lantern Swinger
I am the Headteacher of the new school that is to be based at Forest Moor. I found your forum to be of great interest. I feel that the history of the site should not be 'lost', therefore I am extremely interested in stories, significant occurrances, pictures etc. I would like to keep the history of the premises and feel that our children would benefit from this. I would like to create a display area of how the site used to function and would appreciate any pictures or items of interest.

I would also like to know if anyone out there would be interested in seeing the premises, when it has been converted to a residential school for children with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties. The completion should be about October - December 2011.

Please feel free to contact me, any contribution will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Drew Anderson
Not going well is it....

BBC News - Unions' safety fear at Foremost school

They turned it into a school for naughty kids? To think that the office where I used to drive my Big Wooden Desk is now some sort of classroom and my cabin is now a pit for some skunk smoking nobhead.....

Also, for those of you who were at Foggy Moor in its later years before it was decommissioned, I heard on the grapevine that Cdr Wearmouth (aka The Fat Controller) has died. RIP.

B

Billy Q

They turned it into a school for naughty kids? To think that the office where I used to drive my Big Wooden Desk is now some sort of classroom and my cabin is now a pit for some skunk smoking nobhead.....

Also, for those of you who were at Foggy Moor in its later years before it was decommissioned, I heard on the grapevine that Cdr Wearmouth (aka The Fat Controller) has died. RIP.
Yes RIP January 2015. His last RN days were with DCSA HQ at Forest Moor and Northwood

I requested a posting their after 3 years on HMS Naiad. Couldn't believe my luck when it was confirmed. I only lived in Whitby. I as an RO1(G) and the rest of the ship were:- REM Folkard, REM Dulson, CPEL Braley & LREM Welbourne. It was like a holiday after the Naiad. I think I was there for about 18 months.