HMS FOREST MOOR - request for assistance.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Purple_twiglet, Oct 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

This came up on a thread in the Bases section on HMS FOREST MOOR. If anyone out there has anything that can be of assistance, please drop the original poster an email. I'm cross posting this to a couple of forums to enable maximum visibility of the request.

" am the Headteacher of the new school that is to be based at Forest Moor. I found your forum to be of great interest. I feel that the history of the site should not be 'lost', therefore I am extremely interested in stories, significant occurrances, pictures etc. I would like to keep the history of the premises and feel that our children would benefit from this. I would like to create a display area of how the site used to function and would appreciate any pictures or items of interest.

I would also like to know if anyone out there would be interested in seeing the premises, when it has been converted to a residential school for children with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties. The completion should be about October - December 2011.

Please feel free to contact me, any contribution will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Drew Anderson"