HMS Flying Fox

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Stephen, Nov 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I've been invited to an evening at HMS Flying Fox. Its for my first presentation with the RNR. Is there anything that i need to prepare for before hand? I am currently 17 and just wondering what roles there are for me to carry out? Also, if anyone knows, how many trades are there in the RNR? I am looking at something involving warfare.

Thank you,
  2. It was complicated.
    As I didn't pass my RT for a Warfare officer, I went to college to do Level 3 Public services. I was told its a year + wait after I re-sit the RT until I have the chance for BRNC. So as I haven't completed college yet, I am thinking about joining the RNR as a rating and to gain some experience until I am able to apply to the fleet as a Warfare Officer. I thought I may benefit from the RNR and have the possible experience behind be when applying.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. Hi mate,

Warfare options in the RNR you're pretty much restricted to WARSEA, Mine Warfare or possibly the diving branch. I know a few guys from down there in the WARSEA branch and they should be able to give you some info on it.

Good luck.