HMS Fearless

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#22
Winsk said:
wet_blobby said:
Sorry to disappoint you lads, but the cockies where still there when I joined her in 90/91, fcuking good laugh mind, being on Fearless. Being a Bootie, getting a ships draft with 100+ booties probably doesn't happen anymore.
Yeah, I remember the cockies, turn the lights on and watch 'em scurry.

Had a few good times in the 'Charlie' messes, and one errrr, strange call 'round down the pink Corporals mess :thumright:


In answer to your earlier question, yes I did do WIGS on her (twice), and I do remember a foggy day of Yougoslavia- to 'prove' international waters.
Wey Hey shipmate,

I had a scream on Fearless, got some cracking phots that I'll post once I work out how too. As you've probably guessed I was one of Gods children, what were you? I might know you!

If your a stoker you'll know the famous "Animal"...I do believe he got his green lid in the end. The Caribbean tour I did was funny as fcuk, jenny wren was brand new to going on ship with Booties...and Matelots...I do believe every single one of them got slotted (except the bible bashing South African one). Happy days.

I do have a suspicion that the reggie who was really into ironing is SPB... :dwarf:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#23
wet_blobby said:
...Wey Hey shipmate,

I had a scream on Fearless, got some cracking phots that I'll post once I work out how too. As you've probably guessed I was one of Gods children, what were you? I might know you!

If your a stoker you'll know the famous "Animal"...I do believe he got his green lid in the end. The Caribbean tour I did was funny as fcuk, jenny wren was brand new to going on ship with Booties...and Matelots...I do believe every single one of them got slotted (except the bible bashing South African one). Happy days.

I do have a suspicion that the reggie who was really into ironing is SPB... :dwarf:
Well I did spend two weeks on Fearless in 2001 waiting to be transferred across to Scumhampton during Saif Sareea II, but I was only a mere Killick Tas Ape then... had a hoofing time on board though (no time for ironing!); my mate was the LC LMEM and invited me into the Cpls' Mess - Party Central! 8O :wink:
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#24
Cpls mess....???

All the full screws lived with the lads when I was onboard, did this change or do you mean "the barracks" ?

The stripeys had there own mess deck......
 

Winsk

Lantern Swinger
#25
Reggie really into ironing?....you'll have to jog my memory for that :wink:

So Phil got his lid did he? I remember him "getting back into training" (for Field-gun crew), his words, so he puts on a dry-bag and runs up and down the ramp- as you do. Mind you, he was that much of an animal, he could just have taken one- NEVER call him Victor Mature!

I was a young stoker down 3G2 mess when I first joined, and had a couple of others when I came back. I ended up beneth the Colour Sergents mess in the end, not tooo shabby, but the Joss was down that end aswell :(
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#26
wet_blobby said:
Cpls mess....???

All the full screws lived with the lads when I was onboard, did this change or do you mean "the barracks" ?

The stripeys had there own mess deck......
Dunno; I was a guest on board. But when I was on Bulwark until Apr 07, they had a Cpls' Mess in 3C - almost as scary as the Fearless one! 8O :eek:op:
 

Winsk

Lantern Swinger
#27
I think when I rejoined the Corporals had 4J2, a cosy affair with a door more or less out onto the lower tank deck. Very pink. Very very pink.
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#28
Just read winsk's reply on another thread so as not to cross post will reply here.

Sevastapol....what a run...recall the green slime stripey who got done for breaking cinderella leave because he shacked up with 3 whores for all nighters....... for the pricley sum of £5....?

Personally I wouldn't of bothered with the tip and kept it at £3. :dwarf:
 

Winsk

Lantern Swinger
#29
wet_blobby said:
Just read winsk's reply on another thread so as not to cross post will reply here.

Sevastapol....what a run...recall the green slime stripey who got done for breaking cinderella leave because he shacked up with 3 whores for all nighters....... for the pricley sum of £5....?

Personally I wouldn't of bothered with the tip and kept it at £3. :dwarf:
He must have been the only one who paid for it :surprise:

That was the craziest (and coldest), run ashore I ever had. I've never seen so many people come back from ashore minus bits of kit/mugged/beaten up.
Some weird stuff ended up down the mess on that trip. All bought for cans of coke/nutty.
The local vodka wasn't up to tooooo much scrutiny though.
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#30
We had our radio storage room just off the lower tank deck. Ideal for storing ship. The old human chain would form and you'd chuck pallets of beer at each other so they'd pass along the chain. We worked out that for every pallet delivered on the dock, every corner slab of beer (four per pallet) was written off as damaged, so we'd always station some booties by that particular hatchway and "appropriate" some slabs of beer. Before we sailed to the windies we had fcuking gallons of the stuff, we were in danger of running out of places to stash it.....allegedly..... 8)
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#31
Winsk said:
wet_blobby said:
Just read winsk's reply on another thread so as not to cross post will reply here.

Sevastapol....what a run...recall the green slime stripey who got done for breaking cinderella leave because he shacked up with 3 whores for all nighters....... for the pricley sum of £5....?

Personally I wouldn't of bothered with the tip and kept it at £3. :dwarf:
He must have been the only one who paid for it :surprise:

That was the craziest (and coldest), run ashore I ever had. I've never seen so many people come back from ashore minus bits of kit/mugged/beaten up.
Some weird stuff ended up down the mess on that trip. All bought for cans of coke/nutty.
The local vodka wasn't up to tooooo much scrutiny though.
The natives all thought we were occifers because we went ashore in Lovats wearing ties........the shite we came back with...full admiral uniforms, flags, local "vodka", crabs...... :w00t:
 

Winsk

Lantern Swinger
#33
wet_blobby said:
We had our radio storage room just off the lower tank deck. Ideal for storing ship. The old human chain would form and you'd chuck pallets of beer at each other so they'd pass along the chain. We worked out that for every pallet delivered on the dock, every corner slab of beer (four per pallet) was written off as damaged, so we'd always station some booties by that particular hatchway and "appropriate" some slabs of beer. Before we sailed to the windies we had fcuking gallons of the stuff, we were in danger of running out of places to stash it.....allegedly..... 8)
We (as in the whole ships company), wondered how come the Booties got all that beer :? "Go and see the Booties", with a twenty quid note thust into the skin-est of the mess' hand, was the usual call of whoever was the beer bosun.
Getting in to the "Charlie" messes wasn't usually a problem.......getting out on the otherhand.
 
#34
wet_blobby said:
Winsk said:
wet_blobby said:
Just read winsk's reply on another thread so as not to cross post will reply here.

Sevastapol....what a run...recall the green slime stripey who got done for breaking cinderella leave because he shacked up with 3 whores for all nighters....... for the pricley sum of £5....?

Personally I wouldn't of bothered with the tip and kept it at £3. :dwarf:
He must have been the only one who paid for it :surprise:

That was the craziest (and coldest), run ashore I ever had. I've never seen so many people come back from ashore minus bits of kit/mugged/beaten up.
Some weird stuff ended up down the mess on that trip. All bought for cans of coke/nutty.
The local vodka wasn't up to tooooo much scrutiny though.
The natives all thought we were occifers because we went ashore in Lovats wearing ties........the shite we came back with...full admiral uniforms, flags, local "vodka", crabs...... :w00t:
yep have to agree- sevastapol-- top run ashore!!!!!!!
 
#35
Winsk said:
Reggie really into ironing?....you'll have to jog my memory for that :wink:

So Phil got his lid did he? I remember him "getting back into training" (for Field-gun crew), his words, so he puts on a dry-bag and runs up and down the ramp- as you do. Mind you, he was that much of an animal, he could just have taken one- NEVER call him Victor Mature!

I was a young stoker down 3G2 mess when I first joined, and had a couple of others when I came back. I ended up beneth the Colour Sergents mess in the end, not tooo shabby, but the Joss was down that end aswell :(
I took over from Phil at ATTURM. He was famous there for waking up adrift at Chivenor one morning, finding a bike with no saddle as the only transport he could nick, and still riding it round to Instow.
 

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#37
Fearless was being towed away on BBC local news this lunchtime so maybe also 1830 tonight for those who live in the South & missed this.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Darb The Quarterdeck 0
wet_blobby Diamond Lil's 0
wet_blobby The Corps 34

Similar threads


Top