HMS EAGLET or HMS CERES From Manchester

Hi All,

I have just passed my RT Test in the hope to join the RNR. However, my only concern is attending each Wednesday night on time as I finish work at 5pm and I have been told training nights start at 6:30PM.

Does anyone else on here travel from Manchester to HMS Ceres (Leeds) or HMS Eaglet (Liverpool)? I’m trying to figure out what would be best and more suitable location to join.

I drive but since it can take almost 1 hour to drive 10 miles to the other side of Manchester during peak times I think it might be easier getting the train? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated here.

Thank you

Anchor Faced

Lantern Swinger
I used to live in Manchester and attend Eaglet, great unit. Depends where you are in Manc really, trains are decent for it assuming you get away sharpish on completion of training, but driving is better. Drill nights start later than that.

Never been Ceres.

Drill night at HMS CERES begins at 1930, not 1830 and if you wanted to travel by train, the unit is within walking distance of Leeds City Station.

A few of the ship’s company come from Manchester, but mostly the east side. Really, it depends where you live and which unit is easier to get to.