HMS Eagle.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Seeing the bullshit involved makes me glad that my biggest sea going draft was a Frigate.

Seeing the bullshit involved makes me glad that my biggest sea going draft was a Frigate.
@janner, I for one found Eagle quite useful for some emergency dentistry at Torbay during the Fleet Review circa 1970.

Re: That 'Warship Eagle' Youtube fillum - I had to chuckle when I saw that the Eagle's skipper ATT was that famous WW2 S/M CO - 'Foxy Roxy' (later FOSM 1969–1972).

After a memorable Mess Dinner (as honoured guest at Blockhouse) he patiently withstood a severe ear-bashing/chest-prodding sesh from my 4'11" SWMBO over a late & particularly disruptive boat's programme change...

(Nothing was ever said afterwards but, on reflection, our cards must have been well-marked - For the next 12 years were 'enjoyed' at various non-preference Faslane appointments. :eek: Mmmm... )

WFT

Another world! I was in Singapore at the time, my late Dad was on the staff of COMAF. I disgraced myself on Ark Royal by asking for the bill after lunching aboard...

Pontius

War Hero
I stayed up far too late last night watching this video, which then led to the Warship video of the GR9 Harriers aboard Lusty. FAR too late!!

I have to say I was amused by the disgraceful behaviour in the Wardroom and just glad that we were able to continue in the same tradition :)

slim

War Hero
I was on during the filming of this.
Charlie Squires the producer bought a can of tiger for everyone onboard (don't suppose he paid for it himself though).

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
Remember back in the day when at each cinema showing the services all alternated annually and had a PR film shown ?

we made a pukka film on the Achilles (1982) - we played the part of (I think) HMS Fife who had received the Gillette Sword of Peace ? for their work in the Dominican Republic after a hurricane decimated the place

Filmed in Antigua at Nelson's Harbour, which then was run down and looked like it had been hit by a hurricane (bit different now)

Constantly took the piss and wound up the film crew - all luvvies living in the wardroom - but good laugh, lots of free beer

Was released with Cannonball Run and we got to go to the premier at Leicester Square, red carpet and all.............and a free bar....................til we drunk it all..................................memories