HMS Duncan on the Telly

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
You get to take Artemis home for the Christmas leave period.
But don't forget the rules: He's a pongo, so don't get him wet, and don't feed him after midnight...
Hope he's not going to fly from Gatwick then........

PS I was duty on a ship in the dockyard the night Artemis sank!

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Next series now showing on Channel 5 as HMS Duncan goes to babysit the French carrier Charles de Gaulle off Syria. Pretty good so far, bit twee but OK for a pongo to watch!

I thought it was pretty good, I knew the Wafu in the orange suit before they took the chap home for the impending birth, just given him some s*it on WhatsApp.

Ballistic

War Hero
I enjoyed it.

Pretty much what I expected: a few eye-rolling bits of dramatic narrative and, as always, there must have been so much left out in the edit, but overall a decent bit of telly.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I know the EWO. Soapy. He looked like he didn’t wanna be there at all.
good bloke when he was a killick. Still is no doubt.

clonmel

Lantern Swinger
Well, banter, thread drifts and Norman and his comments aside...

I thought it was rather a good little series. If there is anyone from HMS DUNCAN reading this - BZ for what showed the RN in far better light than the Raleigh thing last year, and further BZ for completing what looked like quite a demanding deployment.
My bold ref 'demanding deployment'. Really? Really?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
It wasn't like that in my day.

For a start, there were no brand new(ish) T45s! I had a County, which at the time was brand new and was seen as the doggies doodah. I also had Bristol, which at the time was brand new and was seen as the doggies doodah. I also had some dogs - but enough about my runs ashore! ;)

Enjoyed the programme, just annoyed they put it up against Cold Feet - had to watch it on +1 and go to bed late!

fishhead

War Hero
I enjoyed the first series and this one seems to have followed in the same vein. We view it through different eyes to civvies who've never been in the mob but it gives an insight to a navy very different from when we served.
PS Mrs Fishhead was miffed we were never told if the sprog, whose dad disembarked at Cyprus, arrived safely. :rolleyes:

It wasn't like that in my day.

For a start, there were no brand new(ish) T45s! I had a County, which at the time was brand new and was seen as the doggies doodah. I also had Bristol, which at the time was brand new and was seen as the doggies doodah. I also had some dogs - but enough about my runs ashore! ;)

Enjoyed the programme, just annoyed they put it up against Cold Feet - had to watch it on +1 and go to bed late!
I've never seen an episode of Cold Feet, however I've only seen two Star Wars films :)