HMS Dragon visits Fowey

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by trelawney126, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Entered harbour at 1200 moored in the fowey estuary quite close to the British Legion. Will post some pictures tomorrow. Believe she's open to visitors.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Would love to go to Fowey for my hols !Nearest I get is Salcombe

3. Believe they've finished the A 38 now, so nothing stopping you. Will endeavour get some pictures of the town as I believe there will be a naval contingent on parade this Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If anybody is going to take pictures and visit Ect, make sure you get there early, or around 2-3, as it gets really busy around lunch time, and with HMS Dragon moored up, im sure many people will want to have a look.
    Im sure that Tre will vouch for me when i say that the parking in the center of town is some what limited!

WSTB

5. don't go down as far as Batson Creek. Lol

6. Car parking is exceptionally limited in the town centre. However there is a "locals only" free car park by the squires field football pitch on Park Road. No permits etc. just free parking. Town bus runs up t the Squires field every 15 minutes. The walk into town takes no more than 7 minutes all downhill. Uphill that's a different matter, best cat the bus.

• Like Like x 1
  7. See no ships flight embarked??? :angry7:

8. Yes there's a Lynx embarked and ranged on the deck this morning picture will follow

9. Some pictures taken today, for Scouse
    hms dragon 066.jpg

Ive posted the rest in the Gallery Section Scouse

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thank you, great photo, my son is onboard !

11. Glad to be of service. There are more photographs in the Gallery.

12. Have you any as she came in? Hoping for one with them all stood on deck, my son was by flag at the stern!

13. Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  14. Sadly not, however BBC Spotlight did have a marvellous video of her entering harbour, I suppose they could burn you off a copy that showed the ensign.

15. HMS Dragon supplied a contingent for the memorial service today. The Captain also led the Prayer. Well turned out, a pleasure to have had them visit.
    rememberance 2012 001.jpg
    More in the Gallery