Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

HMS Diamond

'help protect 650 British troops who are involved in secret exercises'

Well, that's the cat out the bag isn't it?

Who writes this shit?

And, inevitably, they have Banjo's number on speed dial.

"Hi, Alan? Type 45 going into the Black Sea. Whaddaya reckon?"

"Of course, were this Tory government to correctly fund the armed services and prevent the swathing, slashing cuts in numbers of surface fleet assets ... "

" ... hold on. Didn't Labour cut the numbers of DD/FF my twice as much?"

"Yes, but ... the Tories ... "

"What about HMS Diamond?"

"Ah, yes. Well you see, the abject failure of the Type 45 project can be laid firmly at the door of successive governments, mainly the Conservatives, who have stripped the Armed Forces back and one destroyer is simply not enough to take on Vladimir Putin in ship-to-ship combat in an area where war could break out at any minute."

"But we are not expecting war, are we?"

"That's not the point. When I sailed my frigate, HMS Ardent down to the South Atlantic 35 years ago we did so against harsh, swingeing Tory cuts ... "

"But your ship was sunk. It was stuck out in the line of fire, as a sacrificial vessel for the Argentines to attack, rather than attack the main landing group ... "

"Exactly. Which is what we see here. One vessel being sent, unarmed, into the teeth of battle. This would never have happened under my friend Tony Blair and his able defence secretary, Geoff Hoon ... "

*click*

levers

Mark Nicol.

Obviously a well-read, well-informed defence correspondent of virtue and accuracy.

The type who will do a full two page spread this year when QEC comes down on how many ******* sausages the ship staff will troff on a deployment (three times to the moon and back) and how many double decker busses you can fit in their hangar. Because he can't write about **** all else but tripe and his readership is already turning the page to find tits-or-Kardashian stuff.

levers

Latest Threads