HMS Diamond Trip!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by deano_navy, Feb 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, just wondering if anyone else has been offered the same amazing opportunity as me? I have been invited to go to Aberdeen in 2 weeks time and stay on HMS diamond (type 45) for 2 nights (sailing for one) Cant wait should be great.
  2. I think some people have been offered something similar on other ships. Sounds like a not to be missed opportunity. Nice one
  3. What a great opportunity, If i get a chance like this i shall grab it with both hands and feet and swing like the monkey i look like!:munky2:
  4. Nope, no offer. I think it depends where you live?
  5. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems the trip has been cancelled, "operational commitments" apparently according to the email I got from Caledonia earlier this week. They are offering a chance to take a tour of the ship on the 11th instead. Anyone going?
  6. I got something similar but spent 5 days onboard HMS Victorious...was so good and made me definitely want to be a Submariner :)
  7. I have not been told that it's canceled and I received my train tickets and details yesterday so its still a go ahead as far as I am aware.
  8. Whos knob did you have to pull to go on that then? ;) I would have loved to have that opportunity but have never got the chance.
  9. Just got lucky (so to speak) and had a friend of a friend that knew the 1st Lieutenant at Faslane
  10. Its a shame its all about who you know.
  11. That's what you line should read!!
  12. Ha, I wouldn't know that I'm afraid. It's still a shame that opportunities are down to who you know and/or blow though. In my opinion, of course if you know lots of people in the right places you won't agree!