HMS Cornwall Inquiries

#2
Always_a_Civvy said:
Lord Craig of Radley asked Her Majesty’s Government:

Whether the two inquiries set in hand by the Secretary of State for Defence on 16 April following the seizure of Royal Navy and Royal Marine personnel by the Iranian authorities on 23 March have been completed.

The reply is available here:

HL Hansard: 4 June 2007, Cols.882-884.
Is there an Ipod download available?
 
#3
rod-gearing said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Lord Craig of Radley asked Her Majesty’s Government:

Whether the two inquiries set in hand by the Secretary of State for Defence on 16 April following the seizure of Royal Navy and Royal Marine personnel by the Iranian authorities on 23 March have been completed.

The reply is available here:

HL Hansard: 4 June 2007, Cols.882-884.
Is there an Ipod download available?
No, I'm afraid, not for this sort of thing.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#4
It was rather pleasing to see The Lords seek assurance that responsibility for allowing the former hostages to speak to the press could not be delgated from ministerial level.

And good to see The Lords assured that the Minister remained responsible regardless of whether he was present.

Good question, well asked M'lud!
 
#5
It was also pleasing to see the questions being answered without spin. NuLabor seems in general to attempt at all times to avoid giving a straight answer as a matter of principle.

In the same vain I listened to part of First ministers questions at lunchtime today and found Mr Salmond similarly being far more straight forward, and even forcing McConnell to admit that the reason he had not done as he was asking Salmond to do was because he could not get a majority within his own government. Poor old Jack must be on borrowed time now.
 
#6
Ninja wrote: It was rather pleasing to see The Lords seek assurance that responsibility for allowing the former hostages to speak to the press could not be delgated from ministerial level.

Was it actually delegated in the first place??? It has to be pretty doubtful that a decision to allow this was not approved at Ministerial level.

SF
 
#7
Maxi_77 said:
It was also pleasing to see the questions being answered without spin. NuLabor seems in general to attempt at all times to avoid giving a straight answer as a matter of principle.

In the same vain I listened to part of First ministers questions at lunchtime today and found Mr Salmond similarly being far more straight forward, and even forcing McConnell to admit that the reason he had not done as he was asking Salmond to do was because he could not get a majority within his own government. Poor old Jack must be on borrowed time now.
I've just discovered today that you can download podcasts of the First Minister answering PQs on the Scottish Executive website. Am most impressed. Their website is excellent.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top