HMS Cornwall Inquiries

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Always_a_Civvy, Jun 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lord Craig of Radley asked Her Majesty’s Government:

Whether the two inquiries set in hand by the Secretary of State for Defence on 16 April following the seizure of Royal Navy and Royal Marine personnel by the Iranian authorities on 23 March have been completed.

The reply is available here:

HL Hansard: 4 June 2007, Cols.882-884.

2. Is there an Ipod download available?

3. No, I'm afraid, not for this sort of thing.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It was rather pleasing to see The Lords seek assurance that responsibility for allowing the former hostages to speak to the press could not be delgated from ministerial level.

And good to see The Lords assured that the Minister remained responsible regardless of whether he was present.

Good question, well asked M'lud!

5. It was also pleasing to see the questions being answered without spin. NuLabor seems in general to attempt at all times to avoid giving a straight answer as a matter of principle.

In the same vain I listened to part of First ministers questions at lunchtime today and found Mr Salmond similarly being far more straight forward, and even forcing McConnell to admit that the reason he had not done as he was asking Salmond to do was because he could not get a majority within his own government. Poor old Jack must be on borrowed time now.

6. Ninja wrote: It was rather pleasing to see The Lords seek assurance that responsibility for allowing the former hostages to speak to the press could not be delgated from ministerial level.

Was it actually delegated in the first place??? It has to be pretty doubtful that a decision to allow this was not approved at Ministerial level.

SF

7. I've just discovered today that you can download podcasts of the First Minister answering PQs on the Scottish Executive website. Am most impressed. Their website is excellent.

8. Thank God for the House of Lords!

9. What? the House of Lords that they've started chipping the foundations from?