HMS Conqueror - Did anyone on here serve on her?

I did not serve on Conqueror but did have to go to Faslane to repair the SINS system.
While sitting in the senir rates mess I noticed a trophy cabinet.
Proudly displayed was a log of the type which would these days be burnt on a wood burning stove.
However a neatly typed notice informed everyone that this was in fact "Conquerers Lost Log"

I did not serve on Conqueror but did have to go to Faslane to repair the SINS system.
While sitting in the senir rates mess I noticed a trophy cabinet.
Proudly displayed was a log of the type which would these days be burnt on a wood burning stove.
However a neatly typed notice informed everyone that this was in fact "Conquerers Lost Log"
P E Had a funny cartoon at the time. Maggie and Denis sitting by a roaring fire,a stack of books at the side of the hearth. Denis: 'Shall I throw another log on the fire dear'?

I know 3 who served on Conqs "at the time of the incident" but I don't think they us RR. I can always ask them. Failing that, come to the SM2 re-union as there's a few who turn up to that (first weekend in March).

You'll hear enough dits there to fill half a dozen volumes :D

I know 3 who served on Conqs "at the time of the incident" but I don't think they us RR. I can always ask them. Failing that, come to the SM2 re-union as there's a few who turn up to that (first weekend in March).

You'll hear enough dits there to fill half a dozen volumes :D
What happend to the Silent Service?:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Joining the Royal Navy 1
SaladDodger Current Affairs 22
S Submariners 29