HMS Collingwood - RNAC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chicogiz, Jul 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys/girls. Just got back, passed everthing. You cant fail, but what i mean by pass is, my bedspace was upto scratch etc and my press ups, situps and run etc. Well i posted this to put what it was like, and if you aint going on one, try get on one!

You may think (some people think) your upto scratch, like if you can run 1.5 miles in 10 mins etc, it does not matter, the circuits are nails and its not that easy. The days fill like months and you look back at night and think what you done earlyer, and it does not fill like you did it on the same day. The course will give you a insight to the swim test which is easy, but 7 people failed it, but then again, it will be good to see if your upto scratch! You will also do a english and maths test (yes i passed :? ) which you will do at HMS Raleigh, but if you fail at Raleigh, you can take the score from your RNAC course.

2. jesus christ you're throbbing. I hope someone runs you over before you ever get near a warship.

3. He's your new wingman, enjoy.

4. English test:

"Are you English?"

"Yes"

"Pass, next.."

5. Almost right, just had to spell my name.

6. I'm going outside now and may be gone for some time.

7. The good thing about you attending one of these at HMS COLLINGWOOD is that your next job is just across the road - MACCY DEES.

8. I've just done my RNAC at HMS Caledonia. I was the oldest (older than the majority of the staff too), the shortest and the slowest runner (still passed it with plenty of time to spare though), and I absolutely loved it :D

We got an absolute beasting during the circuits at Faslane thanks to people not listening to instructions, but I survived it and followed it with some Duck a l'orange for lunch! :p

I wasn't worried too much about the swimming test, but thought it was a bit harder than I expected, perhaps due to the fact that I am 5 ft 4 and was wearing overalls for someone of about 6 ft 4.

All in all a great experience and I can't wait to get to Raleigh.

KF

9. Could well be! im looking for a part time job until my joining date, so it dont matter what the job is!

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Oh fcuk, chicotime is one step closer to joining.

11. Calm down dear, I'm gonna get my balaclava & my rusty, trusty old crowbar and go round to his Gran's and batter fcuk outta her.

He'll be so depressed he won't want to join anymore, problem solved and everybody's happy.

:)